“Delicious food!!! 5 stars.”
Review of Jake's Grill

Jake's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alder
Transit: Directly across the street at SW 10th and Alder
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Poor attitude with our waitress. But will definitely eat here again with a happier more courteous server.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had not planned on eating here but stopped in on a busy Friday night, without reservations, and we were seated immediately. Very large place, lots of wood decor. We had an excellent server and we both had the halibut, just cooked differently. The special was stuffed with crab, shrimp and brie cheese. Unbelievable!!! The flavors were wonderful together...I had the grilled Halibut with sauce and it was great too, but my favorite would have to be the stuffed!!! We will return the next time we visit Portland!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Most "famous" places we've gone have been infamous instead, but not this one. The Scalloped Prawns and Pasta dish had a lovely cream sauce that, while a bit overpoweringly peppery after a few bites, was still delightful and extremely fresh. The meatloaf's wine sauce was excellent and the meatloaf itself very nice, if a bit one note in seasoning. If you're a fan of sourdough buns, this is nirvana for you as they're strongly sourdough but in a delightful, not overpowering way. We both recommend the brandied sautee'd mushrooms, whether you want them on your entrée or not; they're an excellent side and well worth the additional price. Service was attentive and terrific and the décor is beautiful and elegant old wood nicely accented for a old world feel. Prices are a bit high (expect $60 for 2 without drinks), but an excellent place for a comfortable, understated, elegant luncheon or dinner.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Recently while on a business trip I had the pleasure of eating at Jake's Grill with several coworkers and a cousin from the area. In all there were five of us and three ordered some type of steak and two ordered the stuffed sole. We also ordered a variety of appetizers as well as some wine. The steak were cooked perfectly and were delicious. I had mine prepared Au Poivre style which is peppercorn seared & brandy cream sauce and it was wonderful. The stuffed sole also was prepared very well and the stuffing according to my tablemates was excellent. All in all this was a wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been to the Governor Hotel quite a few times for work events and it's always been SO good. I was REALLY disappointed this last time I went. Again, I was there for a work event and I was with some important people from our company. The service was slowwwwwwwwwww, it wasn't good and the food (at least mine)....Wasn't good at all. The sad part....They weren't even busy....AT ALL!!!! I ordered the Portobello Mushroom Grilled Sandwich. It didn't state that it came with anything so when it showed up it had a side salad, awesome....The dressing was awful. MUCH too tangy for my taste. The sandwich was described to be served on a grilled Chiabata (sp) roll, again, when it showed up it was on this grilled flat bread that was quite hard so the sandwich became a mess when trying to cut it. It was supposed to have mayo on it and there was really nothing. The whole thing was just very disappointing. What happened??? If they can't serve a group of 7 well when they aren't busy....How would they handle a larger party?

Been to Jake's Grill? Share your experiences!