“Happy hour and moose heads!”
Review of Jake's Grill

Jake's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 4,404 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alder
Transit: Directly across the street at SW 10th and Alder
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 11, 2007

Happy hour and moose heads!

Reviewed November 30, 2007

The food was ok, the building was beautiful...but our waiter was a piece of crap. He was nice until my fiance ordered a salad and bowl of soup for her entree. We instantly became lower class citizens because we weren't spending as much as the other people he was serving. I never had my water refilled once, he didn't offer to box up my leftover food, and he frequently rolled his eyes at our requests such as splitting our bill with the other couple we came with. When we first arrived at the restaurant, we were asked by the manager if we'd be willing to change tables so they could accomodate a large group. He brought us out an appetizer for being willing to move. At the end of the evening, our waiter still charged us for this, however. I suppose that it is needless to say that our waiter got the tip we was expecting from such a poor group of college kids. The manager actually called us later and apologized for our bad experience. Overall, I think our experience would have been great if it hadn't been for the horrible waitservice.

Reviewed November 23, 2007

Someone clear the dust off of this place. It's in serious need of a modernization! The food is 80s era "fancy" dining with crazy high prices for what you're eating. Do yourself a favor and skip this one.

Reviewed November 21, 2007

Much like other old, famous Portland institutions, Jakes is riding on the coat-tails of it's own former glory. The food was pretty good, the service was pretty good and everything cost WAY too much. It was certainly edible, but somehow, it should have been more. I'd rather go somewhere else, frankly.

Reviewed November 17, 2007

For the kind of reputation this place had I was a little concerned that I might be out of my element, and while scanning the menu I felt a little apprehensive. Definitely a place for people who enjoy fish. I settled on the clam chowder and was surprised to find it was a great price AND a great meal. (Nice choice too, for some one watching their pocket book.)

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Jake's Grill? Share your experiences!