“Great food, reasonable prices”
Review of Pazzo Ristorante - CLOSED

Pazzo Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broadway and Washington
Transit: 2 Blocks from Bus Mall / MAX (Pioneer Courthouse Square)
Description: Located on Broadway in downtown Portland, Pazzo Ristorante features local seasonal ingredients to create authentic Northern Italian dishes with a Pacific Northwest flair from Executive Chef Kenny Balvo. All expertly paired with our extensive collection of Italian and regional wines. Join us for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We ate in the bar lounge, had some great small plates, including the most delicious pizza, at very reasonable prices. Great service and atmosphere.

Jason G, General Manager at Pazzo Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thanks John,
Go with my favorite pizza next time, spicy capicolla, garlic and red onions!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were staying in Portland for a few days and selected this restaurant from among a few top contenders for a 'milestone' celebration. We could not be more pleased with our selection … except perhaps we wish we had eaten at Pazzo earlier in our stay (meaning we would have cancelled out of other-cusine restaurants on our visit list). Very high quality ingredients, very well prepared. Absolutely will be eating here on next visit to Portland.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My family and I come to Pazzo almost every time we visit Portland. The quick service and excellent atmosphere of the place are enhanced by the delicious food and reasonable prices. To start off your meal you receive fresh-baked bread, which is delicious with the oil included at the table. I recommend the beet salad if it's offered during your visit, but all the salads are wonderful. For the main course, look no further than their pizzas and house-made pastas - the main reason why I always come back! Located right in the heart of Portland, this restaurant is a must-see for any resident or visitor.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Portland isn't New York,Milan, LA Chicago or San Francisco
Having said that Pazzo is a notable Italian restaurant that any city would be lucky to have
Not because all main courses are all consistently excellent (some are not) but because the majority of courses sampled are typically of high quality product and outstanding cooking execution.Nice surroundings and excellent heartfelt service make for an excellent memorable evening in Portland.

We were fortunate enough to have Amy as our server who passionately and professionally guided us clearly on some of the best dishes in house. Not to be missed is the Pappardelle which is a wide cut home made pasta with an outstanding Bolognese meat sauce.
The Caeser salad was a standout with its kissed with fresh garlic that shined throughout the whole romaine presentation served correctly and chilled.
A side order of cauliflower was outstanding with a bread crumb topping. As many know Cauliflower can be boring and bland all too frequently
Minestrone soup was of very nice quality but a tad rich with the unexpected meat stock/sauce intertwined with the soup.Could have been a meal by itself! I'd like to see them lighten up the soup with more veggie's and beans.
Fresh Bread while better than many establishments can't compare to others I've had elsewhere but certainly of acceptable quality and probably well above average by Portland standards
(Portland folks don't hate me for saying that :)

We didn't have Pizzas from what appeared to be their wood burning pizza oven however next time we will be certain to try some
I was also deeply impressed by how much they stand behind their product quality and customer satisfaction of everything they serve
This is a restaurant I will be coming back to for many years.
I made the right choice on my first weekend in Portland.
Do yourself a favor don't miss Pazzo its a very special place and great for a romantic date to a family, friends out on the town or business outing
To sum it up I don't doubt Pazzo is one of Portland's better dining experiences without question even for the most sophisticated diner or those that a appreciate a good Italian meal with mostly high levels of culinary expertise.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had Saturday brunch at this restaurant and it was very nice. Food was very good and prices were reasonable. Service was quick. I was surprised there were so few people in the restaurant at lunchtime. Nice atmosphere.