“Great food, great service.”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Famous Crawfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Campton, New Hampshire
“Great food, great service.”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Great seafood at this historic place. Excellent service. Would definitely return if we are back in Portland.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Laguna Beach, California
“The reviews for the most part are right.”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I recommend the Etoffe, it was quite authentic made with a dark roux. In addition, the oysters were wonderful.

Newbury Park, California
“EXCELLENT! ALWAYS TOP OF THEIR GAME”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Each time I've traveled to Portland we've eaten at Jakes and it is consistently top notch! I had the Blue plate lunch special which was a hefty piece of Steelhead fish (pink flesh like the salmon!) with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh veggies for only $7.95. The fish was so fresh, you'd of thought it was caught and filleted on the spot. We will always go to Jakes anytime we're in Portland. If only other restaurants in the US could aspire to this excellence. The waiters and waitresses are friendly and knowledgeable as well.

1 Thank panamachild
San Diego
“Overpriced Corporate Dining”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Had a business dinner at Jakes on a Sunday evening. Maybe my expectations were not properly set, but I was significantly disappointed.

Complaint #1: First, Jakes is owned by McCormick & Schmick's (something I was NOT aware of until after our meal). I was expecting an authentic Northwest experience. I received a meal equivalent to Macaroni Grill.

Complaint #2: We dined in July – the peak of salmon season in the northwest. I asked if the salmon was fresh and ordered it rare. I received a piece of over-cooked (very well done) Salmon which tasted like it was previously frozen. I live in Seattle and have had VERY good, fresh salmon, average farmed salmon, and salmon which was frozen. This was definitely the frozen variety, with some type of glaze over the top so the sweetness could mask the stale freezer taste. Not what I was looking for. Look – not every restaurant can sort out their supply chain issues, especially larger corporate restaurants. But, if the fish is not fresh, tell me. I’ll order something else.

Complaint #3: The waitress, who was very nice, had way too many tables and could not check in with us. I wanted to send my salmon back, but we didn’t see the waitress until after everyone was finished with dinner (and I was still hungry). The waitress did offer to take the meal off the bill, which was fine, but that’s not the point. I essentially missed dinner & ended up ordering Marriott room service (which was actually better).

So – If you’re not picky with seafood and are looking for fish with lots of sugar on top, then you’ll probably enjoy Jakes. There are so many REALLY good restaurants in Portland which cost less and have FAR better food (Besaw’s is one of my favorites). So – if you’re in Portland and looking for average food at a high price, this is your place. If you want a unique northwest experience, exception food and reasonable prices, go somewhere else.

3 Thank KevDiego
Arkansas
“Best Steak in Portland”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

While visiting Portland for business, my party wanted to visit a restaurant with local flavor. Jake's came highly recommended from everyone we met. Several ordered steak, shrimp, lobster, etc. I can honestly say it was the best steak I have encountered in a long time. The service was excellent and our server anticipated the parties every need. It was a highlight of our trip.