“Pass...”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Ranked #48 of 4,518 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Description: Jake's Famous Crawfish features a variety of fresh fish and seafood flown in daily, making a true Pacific Northwest statement using fresh Northwest products and served in a traditional and timeless presentation.
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Not sure what the hype is about. The food was ok, not great...not even good. We came into town and this place was highly recommended to us by a few locals we met, and our hotel. To us it seemed like something we would call a tourist trap...but maybe it's considered a "must see" by locals because it's been around so long. If good food is what you are looking for, keep looking. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

1  Thank Sillaro T

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Awesome waiter for over 40 years of service made this dine in even more specail..how can you go wrong to eat in a restaurant who has their pride ..serving for over 3 decades and still loving it?? He knows their food and we love every single minute we are there

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed lunch two days in a row. I had clam chowder and steamed clams the first day, and crab bisque and steamed clams the second. Excellent! My hair stand had salmon fettecine both days, obviously loved it!

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I had a fun date here the other day. We started off with Oysters, then moved on to two dishes which we shared - a salmon dish and a pasta dish. Then we finished with Creme Brûlée. We dined at one of the outdoor tables in the early evening. Perfect and fun setting.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

Another new place for me to discover on my trip to Portland. My sister and family took me to Jake's to experience the seafood. We went early enough so that we would not have to wait, but many who came later did wait for quite some time. We were seated right away, but our waitress took some time to get to us. It was quite noisy in the place and I could not hear what she was saying to those who were closer to her. The tables were close to each other and it was difficult to get around for those who needed to use the restroom. The restroom only had on stall, so many people had to wait and the place was packed. After we ordered drinks, it took longer than usual to get them and this went on for the rest of the night including getting our meal. I understand that this is a very popular place to have a great meal, so don't be in any hurry to get in and get out....not going to happen! I ordered Jake's Dungeness Crab Bisque and the soup was outstanding...just terrific! My entrée was Sea Scallop Sauté with a side of Four Jumbo Scampi Prawns. All was delicious...Scallops were moist and tender, not chewy at all...so good. Shrimp also was delicious! I would definitely recommend this place if you are hungry for some great seafood, but be ready for the noise, tightness of space, waiting in line for restroom and have lots of patience in getting your order. Prices are not in the medium range, but on the high end.