“I Ate Too Much! Good Food!”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Ranked #48 of 4,518 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Description: Jake's Famous Crawfish features a variety of fresh fish and seafood flown in daily, making a true Pacific Northwest statement using fresh Northwest products and served in a traditional and timeless presentation.
Reviewed July 11, 2016

I was visiting Portland for a conference and just opened the traveler's guide and picked a random restaurant. Boy was I lucky! Jake's is a long time local classic.

Since I live in the desert I don't get the opportunity for fresh seafood. So I over did it and it was so good. I started my meal with 1/2 dozen of fresh raw oysters. Yum! Then we share a plate of fried calamari. The best! It was so fresh, crispy and tender. Of course I had to have a bowl of Jake's Clam Chowder a very tasty New England style chowder. And (yes I had more food) my main course was a salmon stuffed with crab and shrimp. Delicious but need a little more seasoning. The next time I'm in Portland I'm going back!

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Had dinner at Jakes in early July. We had the sautéed dungeness crabmeat. It wasn't bad but it sounded a lot better than it tasted. The crab was a bit overpowered by the sauce. I don't often complain about pricing but this place is way over priced. Service is great the food is ok but not for what you pay. We probably paid easily 3 times what this meal would cost at more or less similar restaurants. But it was packed

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

This seafood restaurant is in a prime location with what appeared to us to be very good seafood. It is standard American prep with a large menu and on the expensive side. Visiting on a weekday, they were turning a good volume and hosting what appeared to be a number of business dinner events for the financial set.
Good food, old local place, lots of more interesting places in Portland for my money.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Great food, great service. This is a lovely 'old school' restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We took the train into the city and easily found the restaurant.
The restaurant was very busy. Our waiter was helpful and knowledgable about the food.

2  Thank FrannieLemons
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

We dined on Friday with a 630 reservation. When we left every table in the large restaurant was taken so I say, start with a reservation. We had one of the most professional waiters ever, and we dine out a lot. I really do not see how you could go wrong with your meal choice. And for a party of two with a nice meal and a bottle of wine our bill was $98. When can I come back?

1  Thank W2292ZNlauram