“Yum!”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Famous Crawfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Jake's was recommended by our hotel concierge and we were glad they did! Even on a Monday night this place was buzzing with activity and line-up to get in and if you are looking for a quiet, tranquil place for dinner this isn't it. If you are looking for some amazing seafood this is the place! We shared the cold seafood platter and along with some delicious Oregon A to Z Pinot Gris this was a great dining experience. If you go try to get a booth as this does take you away from some of the activity and I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much if I was stuck in one of the tables at the front.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We ate here on our second night in Portland and after a slightly pretentious meal in a hotel the night before this was a breath of fresh air. We visited on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was busy with what seemed like a good mix of tourists and locals. We were seated immediately at a table outside which was a great spot to watch the world go by. Service taking our order and food arriving was very swift and the waitress was really helpful, advising on the menu and making recommendations. We ordered squid and shrimps to start, both of which were amazing and portion sizes were huge! Slightly scuppered us for managing to finish our entrees but they were delicious. The trout with almonds and swordfish were lovely too - really delicious roast potatoes and mash potatoes to accompany. Occasionally whilst we were eating we noticed some tourists taking photos of the restaurant so it really did seem the 'tourist spot' to eat, however this didn't detract from the experience one bit. A really down to earth restaurant with great food and great service - what else could you ask for?

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Portland is such an interesting city! And the food and drink are a part of what makes it special. Jake's has an old time long wooden bar backed up by countless liquor bottles that seem to stretch forever.
I was impressed by its seafood menu and that it notes the actual source of the origins of its fish and shellfish. Since I am from Alaska, I am a snob when it comes to salmon and halibut. Jake's serves salmon and halibut from Alaska and I recognized where the fish was caught. Well done!. I caved in and order fried calamari that tasted as if it had just been caught when it fact it was frozen. Well done, again!
# of us shared the Jake's trio dessert. We were unable to finish it and it satisfied our need for a sugar high. The waiter showed us just the right amount of attentiveness.
It was a Tuesday night and the place had a solid crowd of customers.
You will be pleased with this choice.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nice and traditional with an old world feel about it.
The service was excerlent and our seafood dishes were rather wonderful.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in the country. Not just Portland, Oregon. When out of town business people come to see me and want to go out for dinner I introduce them to Jakes. After one time there I swear that is why they come back to see me. "Let's go to Jakes tonight" they will say.
It's a wonderful old restaurant that's over 100 years old. Always busy no matter the night. Great energy from the crowd and employees. Service is excellent and most of the employees never leave. Must be treated well. If it's a special event call in a few days ahead and let them know and it will show up on the top of the menu! Fresh seafood arrives everyday. Always prepared to perfection. I love raw oysters and they have a large selection of different types brought in daily. Ask for a sampler if you can't decide what you want. Two or three of several different kinds. Very fresh and so good. Everything on the menu that I have tried has been perfect.
This is a funny point. I am not a big salmon eater. However, my favorite plate at Jakes is their "stuffed salmon". Stuffed with crab and shrimp it is addictive.
Treat yourself to a wonderful night. They will park your car, serve you a perfect drink if you like, deliver one of the finest seafood dinners you have ever eaten, and if you have room, top it off with a fabulous desert.
Just writing this has inspired me to make reservations there for tonight.
Cheers!