“Good seafood, 121 years and still going strong.”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Famous Crawfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I went with a group of 5 late on a Thursday evening. We didn't have a reservation but we were seated as soon as we entered. I was a little concerned as there was a "fish smell" when we entered Jakes. But they have been doing this for 121 years so I figured they know what they are doing. I had grilled halibut it was wonderful! Two in the party had the crusted salmon and they enjoyed it very much. Being as this establishment is ( did I mention it?) 121 years old, the interior has a lot of character . The wine list was good, with many northwest wines available . The wait staff did a great job of keeping things going at a pace that worked for us. This was a very enjoyable meal in a iconic Portland eatery.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,227)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Service: Our party grew from 3 to 5, which required reseating us. They did so without complaint and very little additional wait time, this even after we'd already been seated and served drinks. I'd have to say Jake's made it seem like it was no-problem.

Food: This was my first time but others in the party are regulars so I was able to sample several dishes. Every fish dish was moist, not dry, cooked to perfection and nicely seasoned. I will definitely go there again on my next trip to Portland. A great seafood restaurant is hard to find, I have added this one to my short list.

Atmosphere: The atmosphere has a historic charm and comfort that made the evening an enjoyment. It can be a bit noisy so you know what to expect.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have enjoyed Jakes for over 60 years. Raised in Tillamook and I can remember going to Jakes
in my childhood. Almost every time we are in Portland from University Place, WA we have a meal at Jakes.
Our daughter and son in law now live in Beaverton so we went to Jakes and we each had
different choices and we all shared and all four were excellent. The service was up to Jakes standards. They not only have great food but also great customer service.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Jake's is in a beautiful old building in the heart of the Pearl District.. It's good thing they have a valet because parking is hard to find here. We started with a Dungeness Crab dip that was too spicy for me to eat. The menu should have noted that this appetizer was spicy and our server should have offered to replace it. Things got better after that. Our entrees were very good as was dessert. The drinks were good and strong and the atmosphere was very nice. Overall it was an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Being in Portland and loving sea food, you can't miss to go to Jake's. Every time that I go to Portland this is a to do in my agenda. The restaurant is beautiful you will get fresh catch of the day and if you are a group I recommend 100% the Chilled Seafood Platter as an appetizer. Clam chowder is the option to start your dinner on an Oregonian rainy night.

You will have a good time, trust me!