“Good food, a bit over priced”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Famous Crawfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, a bit over priced”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Food and service are good, a bit over priced. The booth isn't very comfortable, the seat backs are hard and too straight.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New haven
“Very good but....”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were in Portland for a family weddng and several people recommend Jake's for our one-night free of festitvities. So we went on a Sunday evening about 6:30. First of all, we thought the place was quite charming -- and liked the 19th century touches. It reminded us of places we have enjoyed in Boston and New York. The staff was very friendly but yet the service was somewhat erratic, particularly for a restaurant in that price range. I had the crab coacktail which was delicious and my husband had a selection of oysters. Two were the smallest we had ever seen -- which was obviously a disappointment. Had had the salmon stuffed with crab and it was excellent as were the accompaniments. My husband had the filet which was also excellent (I tasted it) and potato cake was terrific. We shared a dessert. Overall we enjoyed it BUT I did think the price for the filet ($39, I think) was high for a very good quality but not exceptional piece of meat. If return to Portland we might go back but then again we might not.

• Visited September 2012
West Linn, Oregon
“What's happening to my beloved Jakes??”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Took an out of town guest to Jake's yesterday for lunch and on the way was telling him how great everything here was and that he had to try the clam chowder as it is special. Wow, what a disappointment! I would really call the clam chowder "potato soup" as that's practically all it was and there was hardly a clam to be found. We both had the Ahi kung pao style and again a real disappointment; the Ahi, which in my mind should always be served seared or red inside, was completely cooked through making it tough and tasteless; there was very little of it on the plate as well. The vegetables were spicy and ok, but not great. Neither of us finished the meal.

It kind of seems since their sale to corporate the quality has started to dip as prices continue to climb. This has always been one of our favorite restaurants in Portland, but now I'm not so sure. We'll be there for my sons birthday next week and we'll see how it is then.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I liked it. I went in on a Sun night at about 530PM and there were so many empty tables. I got Jake's Famous Dungeness Crab & Bay Shrimp Cakes and my bf got the Seafood Fettuccine. They were both delicious! The service was pretty quick. The cakes were definitely one of the best I ever had! It would just melt in your mouth. It comes with green beans & carrots & mashed potatoes. All in all, it was a good meal.

• Visited October 2012
Newport, Oregon
“Heard it was a fantastic place to go”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I have heard about this place from more than one person. When I walked in and was seated, the atmosphere was much different than what I had expected. The food was good And they had many desserts to choose from which was nice since I love dessert. I'm not sure if I will o back. Possibly, but it isn't gonna be a place that I'm jumping up and down to return to. I'd rather see what else Portland offers....