“As expected”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Famous Crawfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Sanford, North Carolina
“As expected”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

You'll need a reservation for this very busy, large, popular eatery. Don't expect a romantic table in the corner or a quiet one anywhere. Service, food, wine list were all very good. One of many very good restaurants in downtown Portland.

• Visited September 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Carson City, Nevada
“Last Time!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Been here many times before and was always pleased w/ food, service. Went with my daughter for my birthday and got BAD crab. I understand that can happen, but waiters response was unforgiveable. He didn't believe me, thought that I wouldn't know if it was bad. It had a strong ammpnia smell and taste - that means a dead one was cooked in the batch - I'm from the coast so I know this. He asked if maybe I was sick before I got there. Long wait each time I'd say something before he would come back. I barely made it 2 the restroom to get sick while talking to the manager. When I came back 2 the table, my daughter told me he had come by and rudely said, "I guess we'll be buying your dinner." My daughter was very upset. Wish I hadn't left the jerk a tip! And I was very quiet when I said anything, not wanting the other guests to overehear.

• Visited May 2011
Houston, Texas
“Ask for Roy”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were initially seated in a booth, but requested a table and were so glad we did. We met Roy who has been there for 26 years. My husband had a Dungeness Crab Cocktail, which was basically a large amount of crabmeat with a nice sauce. My halibut was so fresh, and the crust so crispy that it was heaven in the mouth. We topped it off by sharing the fresh Oregon Berry with creme angalise dessert and our evening was perfect. We had just flown in that afternoon and Jake's welcomed us properly. Thanks, Roy. Your service was professional, yet friendly, and we couldn't have been in better hands for our first night ever in Portland. Don't dismiss this as a touristy place, because it is a terrific restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
London
“lovely”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Went for dinner there with a friend and had a great time, attentive staff and great food. Coming from abroad, I was surprised at the size of the portions. We shared an appetiser and to be honest I was full before the main course arrived. Never before have I gone out for dinner and refused dessert on account of not having any "space" left for it ;) . The main of stuffed salmon was incredibly good and melt in your mouth fresh and delicious. Would definitely recommend this place and come again when visit Portland. I might have to make sure to not eat the whole day before going so I might have a chance to try dessert...

• Visited August 2011
Grass Valley, California
“My favorite restaurant in Portland”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

A great, traditional, classy restaurant in downtown Portland. Went with friends and we all liked what we got. I had a dish with salmon and halibut, delicious. Waiter was perfect, friendly and helpful but not hovering.

• Visited August 2011