“great happy hour”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW 9th Ave
Transit: Pioneer Court House Square (from yellow/green/blue/red lines)
Description: Take a look at our Spring Prix Fixe Dinner menu: https://southparkseafood.com/spring-prix-fixe-dinner/. Enjoy a 3 course set menu for $38! A chic Northwest eatery featuring sustainable seafood and farm-fresh ingredients. With the area’s largest selection of oysters, a menu that changes every single day and an innovative thirteen-seat raw bar, you won’t find a better place for a dozen on the half shell. As a proud partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch® program, Southpark Seafood only serves seafood that has been fished or farmed in ways that minimize their environmental impact. For 20 years, this definitive Portland restaurant has been helping to shape the city’s dining scene into what it is today. Located in the heart of downtown, this iconic Portland restaurant is the perfect spot for lunch, dinner, large groups or just to kick back and relax.
Reviewed July 7, 2018

We went here for happy hour and they have a great menu of food, wines and good prices. Definitely worth visiting!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

On a recent visit to Portland my husband & I were looking for a place to enjoy a really good seafood dinner within walking distance from our hotel so I went on my trusty TripAdvisor app & found Southpark Seafood. I made a reservation and was so glad I did. We were seated immediately and had a wonderful waitress. She brought us a sample of the wine we were interested in and we ended up with a bottle. We had the Clam Chowder as an appetizer which had gnocchi instead of the usual potatoes which was excellent. Our main course was halibut in a wonderful light broth, which we split and was plenty for two. We ordered a side of Brussels sprouts tossed in a spicy sauce & topped with chopped peanuts which was delicious and more than we could eat. She even said the chef would share the recipe for the sauce which she gave us. Their bread was delicious too. No room for dessert but a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

I happened on this restaurant on my way to another seafood restaurant. It was early and decided I would stop by for a happy hour drink before I walked on. What a wonderful surprise. The happy hour menu included some seafood choices that I thought I would give a try. Oysters were fresh and tasty, clam chowder better than expected in fact I will go back just for that. Shrimp and grits, okay I’m from the south, the interpretation was good but the spicy sauce was excellent. While there I met the author of a recent Oregon wine book (KF). Fun conversation with a guy who doesn’t take life too seriously. This is why I sit at the bar wherever I go, to meet wonderful new people.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

We went to Southpark Seafood with a large group, which is always risky. But I have to say, the service was really good and the food was excellent. Everything was served together and on time. The drinks and wine were great.
The food was well portioned, but on the higher side price-wise. It was delicious, though. Several of us had the beet salad, and we all agreed that it was the best beet salad we ever had. It was topped with pistachio brittle ... OMG, it was awesome! I also had their seafood pasta which was really good (definitely on the al dente side. It's a good thing I like it that way! Definitely not over-cooked like at a lot of restaurants).
We were too full for dessert, but their desserts looked delicious too.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I had the shrimp and grits. I am from Louisiana so I was a little skeptical they could get the grits right, but they were great. It was very good. Sat at an outdoor table and had a very nice and attentive waiter.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Southpark Seafood? Share your experiences!