“Great service and good food”
Review of Southpark Seafood

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW 9th Ave
Transit: Pioneer Court House Square (from yellow/green/blue/red lines)
Description: A chic Northwest eatery featuring sustainable seafood and farm-fresh ingredients. With the area’s largest selection of oysters, a menu that changes every single day and an innovative thirteen-seat raw bar, you won’t find a better place for a dozen on the half shell. As a proud partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch® program, Southpark Seafood only serves seafood that has been fished or farmed in ways that minimize their environmental impact. For 20 years, this definitive Portland restaurant has been helping to shape the city’s dining scene into what it is today. Located in the heart of downtown, this iconic Portland restaurant is the perfect spot for lunch, dinner, large groups or just to kick back and relax.
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Went to Southpark on two occasions: one for happy hour and one for dinner. Both times were very satisfying. Weather was great so ate outside for happy hour. Waitress was informative and wine was great. Snack food but not dinner food. Dinner was great. Again, waitress was very helpful in choosing wines and educating us about the different types of fish. Food was plentiful and fresh. This is not a cheap restaurant but there's value here. Ate at Jakes also and Jakes pales in comparison across all dimensions.

Reviewed April 5, 2009

Several downtown restaurants were offering a Prix Fixe special deal on Tuesday through Thursday nights in the Spring. They were offering a few options for three-course meals for $20.09 per person.

We chose SouthPark because I love seafood. It was packed on a Thursday night, which either means the promotion was working or the place is always this crowded.

We first received generously sized green salads, followed by entree and dessert. I chose steelhead salmon and my wife had pasta. They were both excellent. The dessert was ice cream, which would not have been my choice on a 45 degree windy evening.

Our server did not seem terribly familiar with the fixed price special, and made several special trips to talk with a manager about the details and what we should receive. That was a little awkward - it made me feel like I was trying to use an expired coupon or something. (My wife said I was just being overly sensitive.)

The food was excellent, and the environment was loud and boisterous. I recommend SouthPark, and would particularly recommend the Prix Fixe special whenever it is offered.

1  Thank Brewbaker
Reviewed April 4, 2009

This is a wonderful restaurant but you really need to be careful about where you sit. There are a number of tables that shouldn't exist but they cram them in because everything else about this place is good and therefore they can.

4  Thank hotelfan
Reviewed March 29, 2009

The food was mediocre at best. We had the Pappardelle. The noodles were not cooked completely and the free range chicken consisted of dark meat. The service was terrible. We asked for coffee and bread. We didn't get coffee until we asked another server and never did get more bread. Even though she passed by our table numerous times, we were basically ignored by our server except when she took our order and presented the bill

1  Thank Craigo_51
Reviewed January 16, 2009

My sister and I took my mom there for her birthday. Great place. Classy, without being stuffy. Nice variety of food and the service was excellent. Would be a fun place if you were single too!

Been to Southpark Seafood? Share your experiences!