“One of my favorites”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW 9th Ave
Transit: Pioneer Court House Square (from yellow/green/blue/red lines)
Description: A chic Northwest eatery featuring sustainable seafood and farm-fresh ingredients. With the area’s largest selection of oysters, a menu that changes every single day and an innovative thirteen-seat raw bar, you won’t find a better place for a dozen on the half shell. As a proud partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch® program, Southpark Seafood only serves seafood that has been fished or farmed in ways that minimize their environmental impact. For 20 years, this definitive Portland restaurant has been helping to shape the city’s dining scene into what it is today. Located in the heart of downtown, this iconic Portland restaurant is the perfect spot for lunch, dinner, large groups or just to kick back and relax.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Excellent NW cuisine. Oysters always on the menu. Burgers are delicious. So is the beet salad and the eggplant soup (in season). Wine choices plentiful with emphasis on Pinot Noirs from Oregon.

1  Thank lisagge

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The one-page menu provides well-balanced small and entree plate-sized options. The oysters were divine, as were the scallops. I liked it so much that I brought a different group of friends back a second night. I had the seafood stew which was flavorful.

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I went here for dinner during the Portland Dining Month. Having been very impressed with their happy hour during our last visit to Portland we were excited about trying their main dining room and all it offered. My wife and I ordered the same meal ($29 for a three course meal) but ended up with different experiences. My main problem was with the main course which consisted of a wild salmon filet and brussel sprouts. Both of them were undercooked and I should have sent them back but I didn't want to be difficult. I also ordered the "pinot noir wine flight" which consisted of three small pours of Oregon pinot all served at the same time. I didn't catch which vineyard produced these but each of them tasted very harsh and not like any pinot I've ever tasted. In fact, I've had much better wine from a $5 bottle of Trader Joe's! I think the Portland Dining Month is a great way to get people to try new restaurants but SouthPark is one restaurant I won't return to.

1  Thank bookman41
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful, fresh tastes in a very beautiful presentation. Helpful waitstaff, nice kids' menu, delicious. Menu is heavy on the fish. Our non-fish eaters had limited choices, but did fine with the appetizer menu.

1  Thank NRMomof4
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Friendly and knowledgeable waitress, great atmosphere, excellent menu, delicious dishes, great value. Presentation was beautiful.

1  Thank WishinIWzFishin

Been to Southpark Seafood? Share your experiences!