“Lunch with husband ”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW 9th Ave
Transit: Pioneer Court House Square (from yellow/green/blue/red lines)
Description: A chic Northwest eatery featuring sustainable seafood and farm-fresh ingredients. With the area’s largest selection of oysters, a menu that changes every single day and an innovative thirteen-seat raw bar, you won’t find a better place for a dozen on the half shell. As a proud partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch® program, Southpark Seafood only serves seafood that has been fished or farmed in ways that minimize their environmental impact. For 20 years, this definitive Portland restaurant has been helping to shape the city’s dining scene into what it is today. Located in the heart of downtown, this iconic Portland restaurant is the perfect spot for lunch, dinner, large groups or just to kick back and relax.
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch after seeming on Portland app that this place was buzz worthy. I had fish and chips, husband had rockfish special (fish of the day). Neither entrees were adequately seasoned and there is no salt on the tables here. We aren't salt people but it was very bland and needed something more. That alone would not have been so marginal but both of our entrees were dripping in grease. You expect some of that with dish and chips, the fish had a very heavy batter that was dripping in grease. Fries were limp and greasy too. Spouse had the fish special and it was not deep fried but way greasy and under seasoned. I would not go back here.

1  Thank matteroffactgirl

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Friend's ahi tuna was cold by the time it arrived and my salmon was raw and cold in middle. I gave mine back to get cooked more, but she was stuck, if she sent it back it would have been overdone. Had to request icebucket for white wine which was delivered with resentment by surly server. Don't do it!

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a good meal here. I had 3 Oysters all of which were good, followed by seafood broth & then a nice creme brûlée. It was all very pleasant & washed down with Northern Estate white wine.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were on foot in Portland looking for a different seafood restaurant when the directions we were given mistakenly took us to Southpark Restaurant.. We decided to give it a try. What a fantastic "mistake" it turned out to be. My husband and I love oysters and Southpark offered five different varieties - all fresh! Also fresh were five fish choices. The dozen oysters (six of two different varieties) we ordered were excellent. They were so fresh and flavorful; we were tempted to order another dozen, but didn't. My husband said his salad was fresh, crisp and wonderful. I tried the chickpea soup, which I had never had before, and it was so delicious. We both had a fish entree and were delighted in taste, size and presentation. We were afraid we were at one of those restaurants where the entree is the size of a 3x3 sticky note on a ten inch plate. We were delighted when our large portions were delivered on regular size plates! The veggie accomaniments complemented the fish portions perfectly. The service was fantastic. We can't wait to try this "mistake" again the next time we visit Portland.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a delicious dinner at Southpark Restaurant. We were in Portland celebrating my wife's birthday. The service was great. We had a fantastic private corner table. Drinks and food were outstanding. The caprese salad had some of the best tomatoes I've ever eaten. I had a seafood dish and my wife had the pasta w/dungeness crab. Dessert was amazing!