“Serve yourself”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town - Chinatown
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Neat place where you seat yourself, place your own food and drink order and get your own water. There were a few tables that were performing seances when we were there which was a little creepy but the atmosphere was neat nonetheless. Pizza was delicious!

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

This is kind of buried in old town/china town, so you have to walk by some not-so-nice areas to get there from downtown.
The building has a great story, complete with its very own resident ghost. The dimly lit interior and antique decor help match the haunted atmosphere. We had the garlic knots and a house pizza, both were good. The service was quick and friendly. From the description on the menu you get the feeling that the place has seen busier days, which makes me kind of sad.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The pizza here is awesome but suprisingly the salads are even better! Its rare that I go to a pizza place and cant decide if I want pizza or salad! The spinach salad is amazing and the honey mustard dressing is the best (I have tried getting it in bulk!) Also the garlic knots are some of my favorites.
They also make there own beers and I have been impressed with all that I have tried so far.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice old building in Old Town/Chinatown area with average pizza. They now make their own beer, which tasted good. Nice people serving OK food.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

A friend recommended Old Town Pizza for our first trip to Portland. We are glad we tried it. I am not a huge pizza lover but their pizzas were great. We tried a spinach and feta cheese pizza and an artichoke pizza as well. They both had official names on the menu (which of course I cannot recall now). Both pizzas were scrumptious. The local brew I had with mine was the perfect pairing. My friend had a large salad and though I did not try it - it looks delicious as well. The atmosphere is also quite entertaining. We even had a ghost tour party walk through while we were eating - they were headed to the basement - which they never came back up from !! Probably (hopefully) there was another exit somewhere else down there. The ghost tours seem to start/meet right out front of this restaurant so if you are so inclined you might want to allow yourself enough time to combined the restaurant and a tour. I also heard someone mention that Voo-Doo (spelling?) Donuts was right around the corner. Now we did not try Voo-Doo ourselves but I hear it is an institution and not to miss the bacon maple do nut. I'll have to try that next time I am in Portland.