“Amazing tuna stuffed peppers!”
Review of 3 Doors Down

3 Doors Down
Reserve with OpenTable
3 Doors Down is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SE 37th Avenue at Hawthorne
Transit: Tri-Met Bus Route #14, Bicycle Oasis at SE Hawthorne and 36th, 10 minute cab ride from Portland city center
Reviewed October 14, 2013

While visiting our daughter in Portland, OR recently, we took out dinner from 3 Doors Down. We had dined there before during a previous visit and loved its food and charming dining room. As we were looking for a fine meal at home in the company of a newborn baby, we wondered if it would be the same. We were not disappointed! Although all entree items were not available for take-out, we enjoyed delicious fresh salads and a few excellent pasta meals. My husband ordered mushroom risotto, and I had rigatoni bolognese. Both were outstanding and accompanied by fabulous crunchy bread. The best part of dinner, though, was a special appetizer, a small red pepper stuffed with the most delicious fine tuna salad. We all loved them! Our meal could not have been better if we were sitting there in the restaurant. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went there tonight expecting great things based on the previous comments. Very noisy, extremely limited craft beer selection; food was bland. Service was good so left a good tip but the prices just weren't worth what was received.

It was very crowded and people seemed happy so maybe I'm the one that's off base. But after traveling the country I guess I just expected more flavorful food. Salad was good. I'll give them that.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Yes - the food is very good & the service excellent - even the Happy Hour prices were fine. But the acoustics in the bar section are terrible! If you go there just to eat - fine. But to converse with friends - forget it!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

First off the service was awesome, they make you feel at home and it's a place where you won't feel rushed. The food is amazing ! the chef know what he/she is doing for sure. I could taste the love in every dish i had. Nice wine chices and the server helped alot with pairing. You must have is the BANANA CREAM PIE yes i am yelling ! LOL that's how good this is. The best in the city hands down. The wait for a table can be long at peek times, but it's worth it ! I will be back.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stumbled on the restaurant because of its location, but we'll definitely go back for the excellent food. Our experience was during a dining promotion so the value was great. Portobello mushroom crepes, lamb ragout and pasta all were fantastic and the bread is to die for. Definitely a place to visit.