“Great Family Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Portland, Oregon
“Great Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have visted this restaurant four times in the last four months. We've tried the veal parmesan, eggplant parmesan, meat manacotti, and one of the calzones. Additionally, as part of the meal, we've tasted the side spagetti, the side salad, bread offered with meals, the salami plate, and the spamonie (sp). Everything was absolutely delightful. Great taste and plentiful. Superb veal parmesan and eggplant parmesan!
The building from the outside is not imposing. It almost reminded me of an old Denny's building. The interior is family friendly, and not too fancy.
The servers and owner not only made us feel welcome, we were appreciated. It was a wonderful experience. Again, it was all about comfort and casual dining.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy a great meal in a comfortable, casual diningroom.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bob R

Clackamas, Oregon
“disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went to DeNicola's today. Try to go a few times a year for the past 10-15 years. Today I learned that you don't get the antipasto plate or salad without paying extra. The food is good but the policy left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It will be a while b4 I return. Most other Italian restaurants in the area include salad, antipasto and perhaps ice cream, all for one price.

• Visited July 2012
Portland, OR
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were drawn to this restaurant by a Groupon offer. We found the food to be tasty from the antipasto to the dessert. Our server was very attentive - keeping an eye on us from afar and spacing the courses without our feeling rushed. The Groupon brought us in but the food and service will bring us back. The one drawback was the sparse parking (possibly due to the popularity of the strip club next door).

• Visited July 2012
Tigard, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Pizza in Portland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I first went to DeNacola's just after it opened. I recently had the opportunity to go back after an absence of about 20 years. When we ordered the pizza my Boys' eyes almost popped out of their heads. They had never seen pizza that thick. The pepperoni tasted like pepperoni, the mushrooms tasted like mushrooms. The pizza is not cheap, but it is well worth the price.
Go to this place, as a family, have pizza, invite your friends. This is not a pretentious restaurant, it is what a family restaurant should be.

• Visited May 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Experience, Great Food, Great Local Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

This restaurant is run by a small family. Most everyone who works there form talking with our server is part of the family or "like family." The service was great as was the atmosphere. The food was great as well. They had different kinds of breads to offer prior to the main course being served. Add the salad and antipasto. It was nice to nibble on prior to the meal.

I would take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. If I don't like a place I certainly wouldn't go back three times and then write a negative review.

• Visited March 2012