“Hearty breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hearty breakfasts are the only thing I eat here. Open whenever you get hungry. Parking isn't too good, sometimes there's a line (because others want to eat the hearty breakfast too), and the decor is limited. But the breakfast are always filling diner style fare.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Always a line but so worth it. you will be floored by the portion sizes...huge!! The dutch baby or apple pancake are the way to go. Our favorite!!

1  Thank Ashley U
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went to the Original Pancake House in Bend, Oregon and really liked it. Then next day we went to the Original Pancake House in Portland. This was a huge mistake because the Original Pancake house in Portland was nothing like the one in Bend, Oregon. The one in Portland was so small that you could hardly walk through it because it was cluttered and crammed with tables. It was cold and noisy in the restaurant. The worst thing about the Portland Original Pancake House was that when we were done eating I attempted to pay the bill, just like I did on the previous day in Bend, with my ATM card and the waitress tells me that, "Oh, we do not take ATM/Credit Cards". She said, "We only take cash or checks". I looked at her dumbfounded. This place has to be the last place on Earth that does not take an ATM debit card! I had to go and find an ATM machine (one that does not charge a fee to get your money) and then come back to the restaurant and pay the bill. I should have never come back. I was so pissed off. After being able to pay my bill with my ATM card at the Original Pancake House in Bend I did not think that this place in Portland would be any different. I will never go the the Original Pancake House again in Portland. What a horrible experience. While I loved the Original Pancake House in Bend and would return there if I am in the area, I hate the Original Pancake House in Portland!

2  Thank David F
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is my favorite breakfast spot - BY FAR! I've been coming to the Original Pancake House for over 25 years and still crave the Apple German Pancake and tea.

1  Thank Kimarie W
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It's just a cool hangout for late night dopers or whatever who have the munchies. The food is meh, and, like most breakfast fare, about 10x the cost of the materials- easy to cook. So I guess the convenience and hangout-ability is the deal. Bleh.

2  Thank Karl W