“Good Food - Service So So”
Review of Equinox - CLOSED

Equinox
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mississippi Street
Seattle, Wa
“Good Food - Service So So”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by my son who lives in Portland. After a really fun drive in heavy traffic from Seattle I was looking forward to a good dinner with a group of friends on a Friday evening.

The area is very nice. Good place to browse and bars to get after dinner drinks. But there is a real challenge when trying to find street parking. There is none at the restaurant. So I had to walk several blocks to the restaurant.

The restaurant was about half full but it was hard to get served. After a number of minutes we were able to get drink orders filled but it proved impossible to get refills. Oh we'll. the food took forever to come but was delicious. I had the lamb stew. Most excellent.

Because we had a group of 7 there was a mandatory tip of 18%. Certainly not earned! Because of the poor service we went elsewhere for after dinner drinks.

• Visited June 2013

Portland OR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Confused”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This iocated a block from Gravy; I don't know why there's a line out Gravy's when one can cross the street and eat wiithout waiting. Beautiful outside patio.

• Visited May 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great neighborhood restaurant!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really enjoyed having dinner here . . . nice atmosphere, excellent service, exceptional food. Had an excellent squash salad with roasted asparagus, very enjoyable and tasty entree of mushroom risotto, outstanding chocolate torte. One person I was with had a chicken dish, another had a pasta bolognese. Both raved about it. Can't wait for my next visit!

• Visited April 2013
Lake Tahoe, NV
“Good Food, Lousy Service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were looking forward to this restaurant, but were disappointed. Although our waitress appeared knowledgeable and friendly when she was around, she just wasn't around nor attentive. It took 20 minutes to take an order when we arrived. We ordered cocktails, salad, and entre's. Sadly, our waitress did not inform us that there were any specials - I only heard about them after we ordered when I overheard a waiter tell another party. 1

5 minutes later, the salad arrived (really good squash salad, by the way). However, the cocktail (martini) arrived 5 minutes later. I heard it being shaken quite a bit earlier, and it had sadly warmed up when it was served.

After being there for an hour and no entree (and observing other parties around us getting served quite a bit faster than us), we decided to try another restaurant in the neighborhood. We told our waitress exactly why we felt the service was bad. She explained that there was a party of 15 that she was responsible for, and that they had just opened the outdoor patio. We didn't feel that was an appropriate excuse. We offered to pay our bill, but our waitress did graciously comp us and hoped we would give them another try.

• Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great, Intimate Place”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Came here on a Thursday night after I bought a groupon. It was a good deal so we thought we would try this place. The Mr. got a burger and I got the risotto. The meat was cooked to order and the risotto was very moist. Great portions too; not too much, not too little. The server was very nice and caring, came to check on us several times. The decor was very intimate and the soft lighting helped create a relaxing atmosphere. They also were playing some very good music but the volume was low enough to where you can talk if you want or zone out and enjoy the tunes.

• Visited March 2013