“A great place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Leaky Roof is a very small restaurant with great food. If you're looking for a nice meal on the Westside, don't spend a fortune on the places downtown. This is the place to go! And by the way...the fried chicken is amazing!

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to find a quaint little spot to have a drink and an appetizer during the middle of the day. A quick search let us do the Leaky Roof and it was a great find. The owner and staff we're incredibly friendly. The bartender dreamed up a strawberry tequila martini for my wife and I had the Oakshire amber ale. We wanted an appetizer and they recommended the quesadilla, which was probably the best quesadilla we've ever had. The chipotle mayo sauce was incredible. So, we didn't explore the whole menu, but our experience here was wonderful and we would come back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is a small place on a quiet out of the way street. The chef has a sense of humor and enjoys creating a wide variety of comfort style entrees. Service is usually quite good though occasionally the servers can seem harried. There is a definite neighborhood feel to the place.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I live 450 miles away from Portland but I continue to always eat and bring friends to Leaky Roof. I mean dont you like it just because of the name alone?!
It is located in a quiet little location in Goose Hollow and it a very tiny place with BIG food surprises and a full but tiny bar too, only about 14 wooden tables and booths, and a class fireplace.
The food is seasonal, fresh and very local, This time I had their seafood stew only $14. which was superbly prepared, that and the Mediterranean appetizer plate that I shared with my 2 other friends was plenty of food for me. We had a bottle of Oregon Riesling $22. , then a glass of Red wine each. My friend said the Irish stew was very authentic and very hearty. Excellent wait staff service friendly and attentive, It was perfect and made a memorable evening.
I highly recommend this restaurant and think you will enjoy it too. Easy and free street parking City bus stops right outside or walk 3 blocks to MAX as we did.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We picked this place because it was the closest pub to where we were staying that had a good rating. It turned out to be a very good choice. We ordered Guinness-battered fish and chips, and duck breast risotto. Everything was cooked to perfection. The duck was still pink, the risotto was the right texture, and the fish was light and crispy.

As a pub, their selection is outstanding. The beer selection is well matched to the food (too many places have 8 to 10 ales and nothing else) and they have a drink menu item you don't find everywhere: Scotch flights. Three Scotches from one of several set lists, at a very reasonable price. They have every Scotch I can name, and then some.

The place is small and seating is limited, but I did not find it cramped, as pubs go. Service was great, apart from one small hiccup: I was accidentally served someone else's meal, so my wife's arrived ten minutes later. We don't mind this kind of mistake and the staff was very apologetic.

We would have gone again had we been staying longer in Portland.