“Great Happy Hour!”

Henry's 12th Street Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Henry's 12th Street Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pearl
Cross street: 97209
Transit: The max public transit trains have several stops within a few blocks of Henry's. The most accessible is the Trolley Stop on 11th and Couch streets.
Description: DINING ROOM HOURS: 11 AM-11 PM (Daily) BAR/LOUNGE HOURS: 11 AM- 11 PM (MONDAY-THURSDAY) 11AM -1AM (FRIDAY & SATURDAY) 10 AM -11 PM (SUNDAYS DURING NFL SEASON)
Reviewed July 10, 2010

It happened to be a Sunday evening when we randomly stopped in for a drink and a bite to eat at Henry's Tavern. Lucky us! They offer their happy hour specials all day on Sunday, appetizers very reasonably priced ($2 - $5) We ordered three items off the happy hour menu, a martini, and a soft drink, and our bill only totaled $18!!!!

We tried the following and loved each one:

Gorgonzola fries (Our absolute favorite - large portion for sharing)
Cheeseburger (Full size for sharing - tasty and juicy)
Tomato bisque soup (Rich and creamy)

Would highly recommend!

Reviewed April 27, 2010

Sorry Portland, but if this is a Sports Bar there is something missing....

Please see my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

We arrived around 7 pm and the bar was pretty packed, we managed to find a spot for the 3 of us, and had a decent view of 1 big screen tv. The Spurs vs. Mavs does NOTHING for me, and when we axed to have the hockey game put on we were told others were "enjoying" the game....NOT.

Service was pretty brutal, Michelle was our primary server, but others (who were much friendlier) also helped us.

The spinach and art dip was good (they brought us more chips), calamari was ok, and the Gorgonzola fries had WAY too much gorg - waffle fries were great, but too much cheese - 1/2 plate was untouched.

As for entrees, I had the OVERCOOKED Salmon (not good), Orange Chicken was pretty bad, but the Ling Prawns was solid (Epson ate all of it).

Beer selection is good, but if you have horrible service its not worth it. Pass on this and head somewhere else.

1 Spin Art Dip 10.00
2 Terminal IPA 11.50
1 Amnesia ESP 5.50

Total - $136.00

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Omg the food was awesome!! Kids cheeseburgers and fries awesome!! The menu items were sooooooo good. We never heard of this place until the Marriott hotel staff recommended it. A free easy trip on TriMet! Affordable great food and gorgeous interior! We went our first night in Portland and had to come back the night before we left it was so good!

Reviewed February 9, 2010

I just had a wonderful dinner at Henry's! I had the fish and chips and they are potentially the best fish and chips I've had! (My waiter said that the fish and chips are a very popular entree and I can now see why!) The entree was $15 and also came w/cole slaw and great bread to start. HUGE portions. I'd come back here in a heartbeat! They do have Happy Hour on Sundays in the bar. If you are looking for GREAT food at a reasonable price w/a wonderful atmosphere....got to Henry's 12th Street Tavern! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed November 11, 2009

I had dinner there and expected the high prices to pay for the cool atmosphere. But no, the entrees my friend and I received were outstandingly good. Like the best I would expect at even a five star restaurant. A happy surprise and I will return.