“Great Subs”

Taste Tickler
Ranked #944 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us. So we decided to give it a try. At first glance you might not give it a try, do yourself a favor and try it. We had five people in our group, we all had something different, and everyone agreed it was one of the best sandwiches we had ever had. The bread was fresh, the meat portions were generous, and the prices were very reasonable. I'm talking $6.95 for a loaded 10" sub. Going back for sure.

1  Thank Jalcol
There are newer reviews for Taste Tickler

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been going here for about 2 months ever since moving to the area, and I'm in love with their sandwiches! The interior has an old-school kind of vibe to it (small, unpretentious, bare-bones), but don't let that fool you from the food! My favorite is the BBQ Chicken sandwich. Their Bento Box meal is a great deal too.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

While unassuming this little place has provided me with plenty of good food for my money. Andy introduced me to their bento boxes the first time I walked in.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you blink you may miss this restaurant because it is located in such an unassuming place. But once you manage to find it, whoa, get a load of those subsandwiches. Talk about flavor galore. I tried the Famous Tickler and the Chicken Teriyaki subs and both were outstanding. The sandwiches come in three sizes, 7", 10" and 14". The 7" is good enough for most people because they get their bread from an artisan type bakery shop and was very filling. They also have Japanese type food in their menu and I tried the chicken teriyaki with potstickers and rice. Again, the servings were huge and the food very flavorful. You really can't go wrong with Taste Tickler.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have lived within a mile of this place for the last 25 years. There is nothing sexy about the outside appearance. I kind-a was afraid to enter for fear it was a dive.
About four years ago my then high school son convinced me to give it a try. Lets just say there are two different menus on two different walls. One has some of the greatest sub sandwiches to be found around and the other rice bowls of all kinds. Tender, taste, delicious and the portions are just right, those rice bowls. The staff is family. The food is for the most part cooked right there in the kitchen (looking at their kitchen set up I am almost sure the sub rolls come from a contract baker...but a really good bakery.)
This is the kind of place, if you are a visitor to the Loyd Center neighborhood of northeast Portland, you could stop for lunch or dinner...relaxe..take your time and come away well feed and still be under budget.