“last call...last chance”

Stanford's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #553 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
montebello
“last call...last chance”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

met with other family members for a late dinner. food was fair, and somewhat over priced when compared to similar places. BUT, what was most disappointing was the arogance of the bartender and never bothering to let our dinner party of 10, that the bar service was closing down. It wasn't the server's fault. She asked on our behalf, and we were all told "FORGETABOUTIT"!
Guess what? So are all of us that went there. We have too many other choices, where arrogant bartenders don't rule.

Visited June 2014
Matton B, General Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Good morning. My name is Lisa Thompson and I am the general manager at the Jantzen Beach Stanford’s location. I’m very sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations. It is our goal to have every guest leave our restaurant happy and wanting to return. Your comments will be shared with our team and we will follow up to ensure this issue is resolved. I appreciate your feedback and hope that we can earn back your trust.

I’d like to try to make it up to you. If you would please email me directly (lthompson@r-u-i.com) or call me to discuss further, I would appreciate it.

Windsor Locks, CT
“Serviceable”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Good food, personable service. The food was good and the beer and wine and wine selection was good. Nothing to complain about, nothing to rave about.

• Visited June 2014
Alyssa L, General Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope that next time you join us, we can make you rave about it!

Alyssa Lawrence
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a wonderful meal at Stanford"s after our day at the Seafood & Wine Festival. The service and food were really great.

Visited February 2014
Hi Teresa. So happy that you joined us after the Seafood & Wine Festival. Hope to see you again soon.

Alyssa Lawrence
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“whats wrong here?”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

we stopped in for an early dinner, elected to eat off of the happy hour meal options. We got ribs - ok, but $6 for 3 ribs is no bargain. We ordered onion rings - they were excellent. We got artichoke dip - flavorless and non descript. To top it off we waited for what seemed like 5-10 minutes just to get served a glass of water. This used to be a good place to eat!

Visited April 2014
Matton B, General Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, May 6, 2014

Oregon City, Oregon
“The worest food I ever had at any restaurant.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I tried it for the first and last time. We ordered different entrees and desserts. Not one thing was really edible. The water was good! Waitress was sweet and nice, but the food totally sucked. My husband's hamburger was burnt, fries over cooked, etc. The caramelized topped custard was so hard on top, I had to use my knife like a hammer to break the top which was burnt as well. My medium rare steak was 1/2 fat and totally raw on one side and over cooked on the other. The cooks can't cook.
Suggestion: Don't make excuses for bad food. Manager said they were very busy. So, just let people know it may take longer instead of trying to rush with bad results. Food was not even good enough for me to give my dogs!!!! I am very disappointed and never plan on eating there ever again. Total cost was about $48 that we wasted, plus our time. I will be making more comments publically to everyone I know as well as publications.

• Visited March 2014
Matton B, General Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 21, 2014