“With my Oman friend.”

Al-Amir Lebanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Al-Amir Lebanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 4,252 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Neighborhood: Downtown
Wausau
“With my Oman friend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I had a guest in our country this week. We ended our time together in Portland. Until here he had to eat at American restaurants and find items that fit his diet. It was nice to finally take him to a place where he could enjoy all his favorites and then teach me some things. It also helped that they are 100% halal. The food there reminded him of home. But he was not a fan of the belly dancer. But I was. Thanks to my business friend I now have an entire new line of restaurants and flavors. I would return to this place in a heart beat. The food was great, service was sluggish though.

• Arabic first
Princeton, New Jersey
“Decent dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Four of us had dinner some dishes were very good and others just fair. Service was good as we're the prices. Belly dancer was fun.

Visited October 2012
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Worth a return trip, but not top tier.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We eat here every 3-6 months, and I see what the others say about the ambiance: the two guys who habitually work the front are (1) friendly and terse; (2) stone-faced and terse. They can't seem to manage a smile when they're rushed.

However, everything else has been quite up to our standards. They service has come within a minute or two of when we were ready for it, and the food quality has been quite good and fresh from the kitchen. I like even the dishes with spices I usually don't care for.

Dessert was mixed; the pudding was very good, but the baklava seemed "stored" rather than relatively fresh.

Give this place another point for having the best Spanish Coffee (the alcoholic drink) I've found.

• Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Don't waste your time or money.......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Don't waste your money. Did I eat at the same restaurant as some of the 5 star review patrons? I was excited to try this establishment as I love Lebanese food. On entering we where greeted by a stern gentleman who simply asked 'how many' and pointed to our table. Not, 'welcome' and 'enjoy your meal'........
We waited a long time before our waitress arrived, we ordered our food and asked for water. Ten minutes later no water. The falafel ($6) was cold, grainy and dry and came with the tahini sauce scraped around it and a sprinkling of lettuce. No a good start. The pita bread was average at best. Oh here's our water, thankfully. Kafta Kabob ($17) came with rice and vegetables (in this case cold carrots). The presentation was quite frankly a turnoff, three pieces of meat with 'a mess' of rice. And once again it was stone cold. The meat was overcooked and dry. I noticed other patrons were asked by the gentleman who seated us if their dinner was satisfactory, he laughed and joked with many, however he never took the time to come by our table. It seems if you are not a regular at this establishment you get ZERO attention. Last but not least, when a table was vacated this same gentleman then washed the table with excessive amount of glass cleaner which squirted into the air and likely onto everyone's dinner. Disgusting. Please people, wipe down the table with a sanitary cleaner, and stop using the spray glass cleaner - have some consideration for your customers. Total bill $30 not including tip. Luckily I had a groupon coupon but even at $15 it was a complete waste of money and time.

• Visited August 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Brusque service, but good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I wouln't eat here again, because the greeting as well as the service were just too unprofessional and unfriendly. It's too bad though, because the food was quite good and the portions were generous.
We ordered lamb, vegetables, mezza plate, and fava beans.
I think we all would have enjoyed this if the atmosphere had been friendly at all.