“Best Hashbrowns in Portland” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jam on Hawthorne
Ranked #113 of 4,238 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Washington
“Best Hashbrowns in Portland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Awesome breakfast spot. Hip, trendy with cool "Portland" atmosphere. Full bar and children's play area. Everyone is welcome. Great service and excellent breakfast.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Drewmc50

Madison, Wisconsin
“Portland Breakfast Jam - PBJ, a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

When you think of Portland, you think of relaxed and comfortable. Jam on Hawthorne has a recipe for sucess, and Portland has a hidden gem that won't remain hidden for long. During a west coast swing from SFO-PDX-SEA, we stayed overnight and had the best breakfast of vacation here. My stepbrother who introduced us to Jam on Hawthorne said the business had expanded, and I don't think it's long until they branch into another burb.....maybe Madison, Wisconsin! I highly recommend the Other Side breakfast wrap, but you can't go wrong.

• Visited November 2012
Berkeley, California
“Amazing veggie friendly fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Went in on my way out of town and LOVED how veggie friendly Jam is! I had a scramble with hashbrowns, spinach, mushrooms, and veggie sausage. It was so good and huge - I could only eat half of it. I'll admit that I took the rest and ate it cold with my bare hands when I was starved after a long day of driving. It was still delicious! I will go to Jam every time I'm in Portland forevermore!!

Visited November 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Awesome value, food & fun (great for kids/families)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The first time I stumbled upon this Portland treasure and favorite, I had no idea it was so popular! It was before they expanded into the restaurant space next door. Coffee cart on the sidewalk and busy every weekend, Jam on Hawthorne has a delightful unique and delicious menu with TONS of choices. Their blueberry chai pancakes are hearty and amazing, their Grand Marnier French Toast also awesome and there are lots of scrambles and other options galore (you get large portions too). They also boast a wonderful kids menu from about $3-$6. In addition they have a kids play area (a previous stage area for what used to be a bar :) with toys and space to be themselves while waiting for a table or while sipping your last bit of coffee in the morning.

• Visited October 2012
Vermont
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter and I had a delicious breakfast in this very popular restaurant. It's casual, the food is creative and tasty, and the staff is friendly and pleasant. The salmon-egg dish is one of the best breakfasts I have ever eaten and I'm looking forward to trying several of the other menu items when I visit with my daughter again.

• Visited October 2012