“Portland Breakfast Jam - PBJ, a must” 5 of 5 stars

Jam on Hawthorne
Ranked #149 of 4,063 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Gluten Free, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin
“Portland Breakfast Jam - PBJ, a must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

When you think of Portland, you think of relaxed and comfortable. Jam on Hawthorne has a recipe for sucess, and Portland has a hidden gem that won't remain hidden for long. During a west coast swing from SFO-PDX-SEA, we stayed overnight and had the best breakfast of vacation here. My stepbrother who introduced us to Jam on Hawthorne said the business had expanded, and I don't think it's long until they branch into another burb.....maybe Madison, Wisconsin! I highly recommend the Other Side breakfast wrap, but you can't go wrong.

• Visited November 2012

Berkeley, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing veggie friendly fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Went in on my way out of town and LOVED how veggie friendly Jam is! I had a scramble with hashbrowns, spinach, mushrooms, and veggie sausage. It was so good and huge - I could only eat half of it. I'll admit that I took the rest and ate it cold with my bare hands when I was starved after a long day of driving. It was still delicious! I will go to Jam every time I'm in Portland forevermore!!

Visited November 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Awesome value, food & fun (great for kids/families)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The first time I stumbled upon this Portland treasure and favorite, I had no idea it was so popular! It was before they expanded into the restaurant space next door. Coffee cart on the sidewalk and busy every weekend, Jam on Hawthorne has a delightful unique and delicious menu with TONS of choices. Their blueberry chai pancakes are hearty and amazing, their Grand Marnier French Toast also awesome and there are lots of scrambles and other options galore (you get large portions too). They also boast a wonderful kids menu from about $3-$6. In addition they have a kids play area (a previous stage area for what used to be a bar :) with toys and space to be themselves while waiting for a table or while sipping your last bit of coffee in the morning.

• Visited October 2012
Vermont
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter and I had a delicious breakfast in this very popular restaurant. It's casual, the food is creative and tasty, and the staff is friendly and pleasant. The salmon-egg dish is one of the best breakfasts I have ever eaten and I'm looking forward to trying several of the other menu items when I visit with my daughter again.

• Visited October 2012
Hong Kong
“Best Breakfast Food in Portland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My son lives in Portland and each time we visit, he likes to go out for brunch so we've tried many brunch places in Portland. This, by far, is the best.

A friend recommended Jam and so we went! We were a big group and everyone raved about what they ordered. I ordered Maddy's pancake and it was good. My daughter ordered the French Toast and it was delicious! The best one I tried was the "Downtown" scramble (scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato, garlic & feta). Someone else ordered the "Spicoli" (scrambled egg with bacon, tomato, jalapeno & cream cheese). The portions are huge and the price is very reasonable. Definitely, great value.

I would love to return and try the other items on the menu and go for lunch or dinner. I can't wait to visit again!!

• Visited August 2012