“Very Good Donuts”

Ranked #3 of 71 Bakeries in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was planning a day trip to Portland and was searching the internet to see what I can do when I saw a catchy name "Voodoo Donuts." The review was excellent so I had to visit this establishment.
When I finally found the location I was amazed at the long line outside the restaurant. There must have been at least 50 people waiting in line to get in to buy Donuts. Well, the wait was well worth it because the Donuts that were offered were different, unique, and delicious.
If you are visiting on a weekend, Saturday/Sunday Market is just down the street.
Good job Voodoo Donuts!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,640)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped in on a Tuesday morning about 11am and were served right away. The staff were some of the friendliest people we encountered on our trip. We asked for recommendations and were presented with the Voodoo Doll (our fave--the raspberry filling was to die for), the ODB (with crispy Oreos on top), and the mouthwatering Bacon Maple Bar. The people-watching here was top-notch. We will return!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Delicious Donuts in wonderful creative varieties. Neighborhood is a little sketchy. You may find some drifters waiting near the line asking for money or donuts. Voodoo opened a second store but I've not been there.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

People always say you have to go, so we did.
The line moved pretty fast which was nice (it was just to the end of the building and took maybe 10 minutes before we were done).
\We ordered:
-an old dirty bast*rd (plain donut topped with chocolate, crushed Oreo cookies and drizzled with peanut butter)
-a gay bar (rectangle bar filled with a vanilla cream, white glaze on top with a rainbow of fruit loops)
-Portland cream (like a Boston cream)
-Miami vice (donut topped with blue raspberry powder and pink sprinkles)
I think we'll go back to try some more.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

So delicious, although the building was a little small, compared to the huge Embassy right across the street. As my teeth sunk into my Bacon-Maple Bar, I could taste my tastebuds dancing!!!