“Different Donuts”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Phoenix, Arizona
“Different Donuts”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

They have such unique donuts. No time to eat there but brought a box home to my family. Circus donuts for the kids, bacon and maple longjohn for hubby. I enjoyed the oreo one also. I was the envy in the airport..everyone wanted to sample.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
“Very creative, but could've been fresher”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I saw the crowds lined up on Saturday night and thought, I have to have one of those! So Sunday morning around 9 am, when there was no crowd, I ventured inside. I'd perused the selection on-line and ordered the voodoo doughnut and the mango tango. I hustled back to my hotel room to sample in private with a hot cup of Starbuck's pike place coffee. Well, my first bite into the voodoo fellow and my first thought was not light and fluffy. All the flavors were there, chocolate, raspberry filling, but it was just kind of lumpy. The mango tango had a zingy tart tang to it, but it too was looking a little worse for wear. I thought early morning would bring fresh treats, but I was wrong. :(

• Visited January 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Voodoo will cast a spell on you”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You do have to stand in line, but the doughnuts are worth the trip and the wait! We spent our time in line trying to figure out what we wanted, because there are so many doughnuts to choose from. The pink box was fun, the store is funky, and the doughnuts are the best.

Visited January 2013
Los
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scary Good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Voodoo Doughnuts is too good. I'm vegan and it's not often I get to eat doughnuts but they have a dozen different vegan varieties. Add in the mainstream doughnuts and it's easily the largest selection of round pastries I've ever seen. And, they're delicious!

The whole atmosphere is a party too. You do have to wait in a sizable line but it's fun. It's a cool adventure.

• Visited November 2012
portland oregon
“Adult Donuts”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

VoodDoo Doughnuts are definitely not the best tasting in town, however if you're just visiting and want to see a tasty selection of tattoo-covered, body-pierced, hungover Portland "hipsters", by all means stand in the long line and satisfy your voyeuristic urges.

Bring cash! No checks or credit cards accepted, but there is an ATM conveniently located in the shop.

If you're travelling with kids, just be warned in advance, its sort of an adult doughnut shop. The first time I went there with kids under 10, they were a little out of place between the R-rated art, doughnuts (e.g the [--] and balls) and overall ambiance.\

• Visited January 2013