“Went for lunch; left happy”

August Moon Chinese Restaurant Uptown
Ranked #2,208 of 4,919 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed February 1, 2016

I thought the food was very good here. I had the Mongolian beef which was appropriately spicy. It came with a small bowl of soup (I had hot and sour), a sprig roll, fried rice and a fortune cookie. All for under $9. My wife had the curried chicken, and it was delicious. This is a traditional Chinese place -- probably nothing on the menu you have not seen before, but they really execute the old favorites well.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed September 6, 2015

traditional chinese food in a quiet friendly neighborhood restaurant. Food ok. Service please tell. Good parking in the evening in a hard to park area. If your looking for something special Portland has some great Chinese food in Chinese neighborhoods on the east side of Portland. On the other hand if you are looking for Chinese food in an unpretensous neighborhood restaurant this conveniently located pleasant restaurant, modestly priced with friendly service will fill the bill nicely. They also do take out and deliver.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed July 4, 2015

They delivered late night when I was running out of options so in that sense I was grateful. The person who took my order and delivered it were both nice. We had the cheese wontons which were mostly wontons (not nearly enough cheese). Also has shrimp fried rice which was good and some rice noodles which were good too. We also ordered a tofu dish the order taker recommend and it was just tofu floating in a bland brown sauce. No veggies, no real flavor. I was pretty surprised it was their recommendation and sadly I dumped it out. Never done that before. I wouldn't choose this place again unless I was in a pinch.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed March 26, 2015

We like this restaurant because they deliver. Except when they take 30 minutes longer than promised. And bring the wrong order. And it doesn't taste that great.

Some nights everything goes great and we love their food and prompt, friendly delivery. And then there are other nights...

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed November 23, 2014

I went with a friend, and we tried some of the vegetarian options on the menu.
We had the vegetable egg foo young, green beans with mushrooms and vegetable fried rice.
The food was very tasty and plentiful, and they don't use MSG.
I recommend this place for vegetarian and omnivores alike.

Date of visit: November 2014