“Delicious food, great wait staff”
Review of Nuestra Cocina

Nuestra Cocina
Ranked #140 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Modera, attached to the restaurant. The restaurant was able to accommodate me and my husband late in the evening when we arrived on our evening flight. Sunday brunch and breakfast are also very good. They have a great outdoor patio with gas campfires...a wonderful place to sit in the evening for a drink.

There are newer reviews for Nuestra Cocina

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Came for dinner here 9/15/12. What a cute neighborhood restaurant! No reservations taken, but an enjoyable wait on the patio. Delicious margaritas, homemade corn tortillas, salsas and amazing guacamole! I ordered the trout special that was prepared with a chorizo stuffing and a pumpkin seed mole sauce. The trout was prepared to perfection! I look forward to going back on a return trip to Portland.

1  Thank Kelleykat
Reviewed September 12, 2012

You'd think I could find a favorite Mexican restaurant in Northern CA, but I just discovered my favorite place in Portland! I've always said the first thing I look for in a great Mexican restaurant is homemade tortillas. Check. I sat at the cook's bar and watched my corn tortillas being formed, pressed and grilled before my very eyes. They were delicious and even more so when covered with shredded pork, chopped onion and a sprinkle of cheese - I loved the pork tacos. My second requirement is chile rellenos. Check again. I tried the one stuffed with squash and cheese and the flavors were amazing. My third (sometimes it's my first) criteria is delicious margaritas made with fresh lime juice. Double check. Not only are the margaritas perfectly made - or as they say, muddled - they don't cost a fortune. I'm traveling to Portland again next week and I'm going back to Nuestra Cocina. I want to try some other items on the menu if I can keep myself from repeating the best Mexican meal I've had in a very long time. By the way, the service was also excellent and warm.

1  Thank Vicky F
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Excellent Yucatan food. Great margaritas too. It is on a street full of restaurants. Parking is in the parallel residential street.

1  Thank Sandeepina
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Our first date was here, and the lasting impression it made! We go here every year for our anniversary at minimum. Best to get there early, due to popularity, there is usually a wait, and reservations aren't an option. Sangria is made fresh and THE BEST in Portland.

1  Thank Hallywood