“Delicious!!” 5 of 5 stars

Nuestra Cocina
Ranked #103 of 4,063 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Came for dinner here 9/15/12. What a cute neighborhood restaurant! No reservations taken, but an enjoyable wait on the patio. Delicious margaritas, homemade corn tortillas, salsas and amazing guacamole! I ordered the trout special that was prepared with a chorizo stuffing and a pumpkin seed mole sauce. The trout was prepared to perfection! I look forward to going back on a return trip to Portland.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kelleykat

Healdsburg, California
“Worth a Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

You'd think I could find a favorite Mexican restaurant in Northern CA, but I just discovered my favorite place in Portland! I've always said the first thing I look for in a great Mexican restaurant is homemade tortillas. Check. I sat at the cook's bar and watched my corn tortillas being formed, pressed and grilled before my very eyes. They were delicious and even more so when covered with shredded pork, chopped onion and a sprinkle of cheese - I loved the pork tacos. My second requirement is chile rellenos. Check again. I tried the one stuffed with squash and cheese and the flavors were amazing. My third (sometimes it's my first) criteria is delicious margaritas made with fresh lime juice. Double check. Not only are the margaritas perfectly made - or as they say, muddled - they don't cost a fortune. I'm traveling to Portland again next week and I'm going back to Nuestra Cocina. I want to try some other items on the menu if I can keep myself from repeating the best Mexican meal I've had in a very long time. By the way, the service was also excellent and warm.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Vicky F
Lloydminster, Canada
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Excellent Yucatan food. Great margaritas too. It is on a street full of restaurants. Parking is in the parallel residential street.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sandeepina
Portland, Oregon
“Romance, sangria, fresh local ingredients, perfection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Our first date was here, and the lasting impression it made! We go here every year for our anniversary at minimum. Best to get there early, due to popularity, there is usually a wait, and reservations aren't an option. Sangria is made fresh and THE BEST in Portland.

1 Thank Hallywood
Portland, Oregon
“Favorite Mexican Cuisine on the East Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Can this place stand one more excellent review -- sure they can!!! It is my favorite Mexican on the east side -- non-traditional and upscale. I like to order small plates, to take in everything. Their Sangria is the best I've ever had with a very usual spicy flavor. I always try to get there early as there is a line and I don't much care for lines... however... if there's a line... you know it's worth it. Do not go there expecting overstuffed burritos. Go with time on your hands, an empty tummy, sit back and enjoy. One of my favorite things is to sit at the counter, which overlooks the prep area and you can watch all the dishes artfully styled as they go out....oh... I want that one!!

• Visited March 2012