“Outstanding service. Delicious food.”
Review of Newport Seafood Grill - CLOSED

Newport Seafood Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The service was outstanding. Truly. A manager brought out my husband's order of dungeness crab and a complimentary shrimp cocktail for me saying my order of crab- and shrimp-stuffed Steelhead trout had been overcooked so he had them make another one. Wow.

Quiet atmosphere. Really, really good food. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Newport Seafood Grill

Reviewed August 19, 2012

we waited 20 mins for a outside table only to be given the one at the VERY back of the place with barely any view. Waitress took forever to help us, too. good food, decent prices,

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Living in Colorado and having to plan our Son's rehearsal dinner in Portland, OR, was a challenge for me as I had never had been to OR and knew very little about Portland. I asked our Son, who was a college student in the area a few years ago, if he had a restaurant he would go to for special occasions. He said I remember going to Newport Seafood Grill once. After numerous searches on Google and MapQuest, I selected Newport Seafood Grill. For months I stressed over whether the set up and food would meet my expectations...I was assured by the new GM that everything would be perfect (now that was a huge commitment on her part). I work at a 5-Star, 5-Diamond property and am aware of what it takes to provide the level of service to meet the highest of expections, and I must admit Newport Seafood Grill nailed it! The location only complimented the friendly and attentive staff and quality and presentation of the food. They did an outstanding job and blessed our families with and experience and memories that will be with us for a life time. Thank you for making this occasion such a special one for all of us - pj

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was walking distance from our hotel and took us through a ritzier part of the city. The food was good but the view was even better. Visited in February of 2009 and the oyster shooters were great!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

A great location out on the docks near Riverplace. The dover sole was great...and my wife liked the fried shrimp.

We were seated directly facing a setting western sun...which was absolutely blinding. Hostess should be careful of those things on sunny days...greenhouse effect was rough.

Overall, I would recommend it...I LOVED the fish!!