“Back again...”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This was my second trip to Portland, and I remembered the Marina Fish House from my original visit to Portland a few years ago. I had a mid-afternoon lunch (around 2 p.m.) on a Thursday. At this time of day, there were few guests. We received excellent service. A window seat makes the meal, as all sides have water views. The menu has a lot of options, with a range of prices. For the river views alone, this one is worth visiting. I would hold out for a window table.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Casual dinner, menu is a little limited. The restaurant is on it's own little pier so not as convenient as some other places.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I went here April 22, 2012 on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. We rode our bikes there, were told it would be a 25 minute wait and it only ended up taking 10, so we thought we were set. Then it was another 10-15 minutes before a wait person came by, and then another 30-40 minutes before we got our food, and even then our order was incomplete. My wife's food (fish tacos) was cold, my chicken, pear and gorgonzola salad had no pears, 2 mini-bits of gorgonzola, a few slices of cold chicken. It took another 10 minutes or so for the rest of the order to come. They were obviously unprepared for the nice weather and the influx of customers. After this experience, that probably won't be a problem for them, because I know we won't be back, and I suspect there were many others who felt the same way.

1  Thank PortlandPatriot
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Sure the location is awesome, but unfortunately in this case, location is not everything. The positives: we were seated right away and our server was great. The negatives: the food was SUPER greasy, my halibut was SUPER tough, the rice was SUPER salty, and immediately after leaving the restaurant, I felt SUPER sick. Unfortunately, both my husband and I suffered from extreme vomiting later in the evening. Luckily my kids barely touched their food, so they didn't get sick. I will never eat here again.

1  Thank sondra_felice
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Nice setting down on the river. Service was average, seafood was one step above Skipper's. So, it seemed a little overpriced for the value, but the view made up the difference