“Open Late”
Review of Veritable Quandary - CLOSED

Veritable Quandary
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were running out of options for a late dinner. Everything on the River walk by the Residence Inn Riverplace was closing at 8, the food at VQ was great, equal wine list. Eggplant chips and bacon wrapped dates were our starters, both were great. We finished with salads, the poached egg, Chèvre, and Spinich were just the right amount before our baked souffle dessert!

Erin H, Manager at Veritable Quandary, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

A fabulous dinner, indeed! So glad that you loved those Bacon Wrapped Dates, and that you were able to try our Souffle as well. They're both winners! :) Keep us in mind next time you're in Portland, but until then, thank you for reviewing us.

Best,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I had a delicious early dinner here in late June. Although making a reservation is advised we just turned up and were able to secure a table inside. The atmosphere was busy but relaxed, not too noisy, and any music was unobtrusive.The service was very friendly and efficient. The menu here is fabulous, and there is a great selection of local craft beers on offer. The food was absolutely delicious, particularly the desserts. Very generous portions. Highly recommended.

1  Thank D A
Erin H, Manager at Veritable Quandary, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Glad we were able to seat you so quickly! It sounds like you and your wife had a lovely dinner, and we hope there will be many more in the near future. Be sure to join us for brunch next time you're in Portland! :)

Cheers,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was recommended to us by the bartender in another establishment. We had asked about restaurants that the local people go. It was great! They were able to squeeze us in at the last minute. The food was very good and they had a big selection of wines to choose from. I would definitely recommend going there.

Erin H, Manager at Veritable Quandary, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

So glad we could squeeze you in! Thanks for joining us for dinner, and for the lovely review. We hope to welcome you back next time you're in Portland!

Regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We really enjoy this place! The nights we went were sunny but we chose to sit inside (actually I'm not sure there was space either night had we wanted to sit outside). I imagine it is cozy in the chilly days of the other three seasons. The drinks are spectacular, whether you want a non-alcoholic one, a cocktail, beer or wine. (Yes, between two of us we tried one of each in two evenings.) The service was consistently friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious! Whether you want a meatless dish or one with plenty, there are choices for everyone. And don't miss dessert! We shared ours...and was the opportunity to try a port. Delicious!

Erin H, Manager at Veritable Quandary, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

We couldn't have asked for kinder words! Thanks for making us such a big part of your time in Portland. Hope to have you back for more next time you're in town -- you have to try our brunch! :)

Cheers,

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I spent four days in Portland in the middle of July 2014. My first night in town I ate at this restaurant because it was close to my hotel. I got there in the midst of the theatre diners (The Book of Mormon was playing up the street) but I agreed to sit at the bar where the bartender recommended dishes...and I followed his advice for each course (as well as the cocktail). I was so impressed with my meal that on my last day I returned with four of my friends...and I learned my lesson from the first visit and made a reservation.

Erin H, Manager at Veritable Quandary, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Sounds like our bartender guided you through our greatest hits! :) Thanks for making us a part of your time in Portland, and for coming back to see us on your last day in town. We can't wait to have you back again!

Best,