“Mixed experience ”
Review of Veritable Quandary - CLOSED

Veritable Quandary
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

On a business trip, staying downtown I was told to visit this restaurant as a must. I was disappointed. The atmosphere is lovely, staff very friendly and helpful. I feel mixed as the enviornment was so nice but the food was mediocre. I ordered a the crispy trout dish looking forward to it. The presentation was strange, the fish was piled up in a heap on top of dried out noodles and broccoli. The fish was tasteless and dry, the broccoli very undercooked and the noodles tasted stale. Sorry to say that I did not enjoy the food, maybe I picked the wrong dish that day.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We go to VQ at least every year because I have to have my Osso Bucco fix! They make the best I have ever had. We have been with friends or family at the table in the wine cellar, reservations needed in advance, and in every room on the main floor. All were exceptional food and service. You will not be disappointed with any of their braised dishes, or any other items on the menu. Their wine selection can please any palate, and desserts are fitting finishes to a great meal.

2  Thank whimsicalraven
Reviewed March 6, 2014

VQ is short on space, so be sure to geta reservation or come early. The food is well worth it. They also have meal service in the bar, but again you have to be early They have a nice patio for drinks and bar food in the summer, which provides a great place for conversation. Food is mainly Northwest cooking, very well prepared.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

From the outside you may not know how cool this place is. And what you come for food beds do not disappoint. Apps, small bites shine with duck spring rolls, wood fired flatbread pizza and more. If you are into Manhattans their version is yummy and a tad unique with cardamon spice. Enjoy the cozy inner space and when Portland weather cooperates the welcomed patio area just "under" the Morrison bridge.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I eat lunch at VQ 2-3 times per week so obviously enjoy it. I just have to give a shout-out today, however, for the incredible salad I enjoyed: barley and pulled chicken. Included were brussels sprouts leaves, peppered chevre, toasted pecans, and cara cara oranges. Compliments to chef Annie Cuggino for a wonderfully creative dish!