“Good BBQ for the Northwest”

Russell Street Bar.B.Que
Ranked #285 of 4,313 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good BBQ for the Northwest”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The barbeque at Russell Street is good for the northwest. the different suaces are full of floavor and different for the taste buds. The meat was cooked well and the sides are good also.

Visited May 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Now my wife wants spicy cantaloupe margaritas!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We dined at Russell St. BBQ due to its proximity to Wonder Ballroom as we were attending a concert there that evening. I had scouted out the place beforehand, and I figured it would suffice. The BBQ was nothing to scoff at, but the highlight of the meal was the spicy cantaloupe margaritas that my wife enjoyed. She rated that at the top of the list of cocktails that she has tried. It was remarkable to say the least. Since I have dabbled into mixology myself, and I prided myself on a cantaloupe caipirinha that I concocted, I was awed by the creativity of the bar staff. Nice work folks!

Visited August 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Oh My Gosh Amazing”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love this place. The hushpuppies are so freaking good and the sausage is the best I've had. The service is always really great, they cater to your children and the seating is retro chic and fun. We've never waited too long to be seated, but I've heard others say they have because it's just that dang good. I wish they would open a place in Salt Lake City cause we need some good bbq around here. Who knew you'd find awesomeness in Portland like this!

Visited September 2012
Washington
“Good barbecue at a neighborhood joint.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We came here on a Saturday afternoon about 2 o'clock p.m. the place was packed. The food was very good and the portions were average. our waitress was nice and helpful. I always like being able to go to a restaurant that is located in a small neighborhood so that I can give my money to someone like that instead of a baby chain.

Beaverton, Oregon
“Tasty!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited on a Sunday afternoon. The place was moderately busy and the aroma was enticing. I ordered the brisket platter, which comes with 2 sides and cornbread or toast. The food arrived quickly. My sides were coleslaw and beans. The cornbread would definitely be better if it was warm, but otherwise it was good cornbread - the less-sweet southern style. Real butter on the table (soft enough to spread easily) was a definite plus. I had the medium sauce on my meat and it was just right. The brisket was moist and tender. The beans were also very good. I ordered the fried pie duo for dessert, and that was great too. Wish I had ordered it with ice cream! The only downer here was the service. Once I was seated I was ignored for quite awhile and wasn't sure who would be waiting on me, as there were 3 women circulating through the dining room doing various things. It didn't seem to be that busy for the service staff to wait so long to get my order. Two of the three were quite energetic and helpful, the 3rd one was quiet and somewhat moody.