TripAdvisor

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Cross street: NW 20th Ave
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A True Neighbor Gem. Cafe Nell has got it right and captured the essence of PDX. Spectacular ambiance, Fantastic Service. Thank you Mary for taking care of us with your hospitality. Cafe Nell will be my ‘go to spot’ for showing off PDX to my visiting/ out of town family and friends.

Also one of the best burgers in PDX

Date of visit: September 2019
3  Thank ClintonUSA
Write a reviewReviews (138)

Reviewed September 8, 2019

We went to Cafe Nell last night with friends to celebrate our anniversaries and it was absolutely delightful. Even though there was some confusion regarding our reservation, the hostess seated us in a nice spot. Our server was professional, funny and the food was good, hot and served in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend this place for an intimate dinner either as a couple or with friends.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We go here pretty often and have a nice salad, oven roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, spinach au jus. It’s the best roast chicken I’ve had in Portland, or anywhere really, and I seek it out whenever I go. I don’t want them to ever drop it or change it.

We dined outside with our dog and the staff really doted on him. Even made him a “puppaccino!”

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 18, 2019

Great area... Went in for a fathers day brunch. Service and atmosphere was excellent.
Food was very good. Everyone was more than satisfied. Shall return next time I am in Portland.....

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank VOODOO-THANG
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Bye bye to the old neighborhood favorite. Clabe is no Mary!
Ive been to Nell 30-40 times at least!
We have come here about monthly getting consistently good food and excellent service by Mary. I guess she is only working weekends now... our misfortune! Took some friends out and had the WORST service! I sent my food back and didn't get asked why or brought anything else. (Cold 2-3 ounces of steak covered in over cooked dry fries!) Fortunately my friends liked their dishes well enough but they agreed that the service sucked.
We walked down to a place on nw 23rd to get desserts and continue drinking. Nell lost out on a heafty check plus tip and I'm sure they didn't fill out six top at 8:30. Boo. You guys are lame. I remember an awesome kitchen and Mary (the best service in PDX)... moving on now. This was the last straw!

Date of visit: May 2019