“I love the ambience but the food was meh”
Review of Mayas Taqueria

Mayas Taqueria
Ranked #406 of 4,276 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Orlando, Florida
“I love the ambience but the food was meh”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love to eat outdoors and have a beer with my Mexican food, and Mayas has always delivered. It's just a lot of fun.

But the food was really pretty average. There are better places to go for Mexican in Portland. I had three tacos and of those three only the pork al pastor was really, really good. The carne asada was dry, and the grilled chicken was really bland. The pastor was great, pineapply and crispy like it had been really roasted over a flame. No idea how they did that. Delicious.

I would order that again, and maybe if I went again and had ONLY the tacos al pastor I would give them a better rating.

Visited September 2012

Yonkers, New York
“Good Value and great place to people watch.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I love Mexican food so I was very interested in checking it out in Portland during a visit from NY. I thought it was a great value - chicken soft taco with chips and salsa for less than $4. It certainly was fresh! I enjoyed my food with a beer at their sidewalk seating. The line could be long ( out the door ) at some points but there is a separate bar line if you just want drinks.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Terrific Mexican food”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

More outdoor seating that I love! The Brazilian beef burrito was fantastic. On a second visit I only had chips and guacamole with the House Margarita --- very good combination!

Visited July 2012
Minneapolis, MN
“Great flavors, fun spot”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Just picked this spot at random when walking around town. It looked fun from the outside and food smelled great at the door. Excellent Mexican food, large menu with many choices for each item including very large number of meat/sauce choices, great for sitting outside.

• Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Fast And Flavorful”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here for our first time yesterday. We both had regular burritos; steak for her, pork chile verde for me and they were both quite good. They came with a side of chips and fresh salsa that were also not bad. I had a glass of horchata that lacked cinammon but was otherwise refreshing. The tortillas were prepared fresh. We ordered at the counter, sat ourselves, ate, bussed our table, and left satisfied in about a half an hour. If you're in the area and craving some Mexican food, Mayas is a good, safe, quick, bet.

Visited February 2012