“Dark, noisy, hard to find but the food makes the effort worthwhile”
Review of Le Bistro Montage

Le Bistro Montage
Ranked #224 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The vision of Jon Beckel, Le Bistro Montage's founder, was to have a place where everyone could enjoy themselves and have a great meal. He hit the mark with Le Bistro Montage. Founded in 1992 in a converted taco stand, it soon moved to it's present location at 301 SE Morrison. On a shoestring budget, Jon and staff created a one of a kind place where, when you step in the door, you're not quite sure where you are. Its quirky decor, including huge paintings, a poster pulled off the Berlin Wall, decadent fresh flowers, tin cans pounded into the floor, and long, linen-covered tables, Creates an atmosphere that draws all types and guarantees a great time.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved the unique selection, YUM Frog legs were like softly battered messengers of joy for your taste buds . The Cator was just a touch fishy and the crawdads melted in your mouth like mini lobsters. However, do not rely upon your GPS to find this place! I circled the on ramp and over pass 4 times , hearing that as I crossed over into downtown that I had reached my destination. Yet, I was on an overpass!. The place in "under" Morrison Street overpass. So Ignore Tom Tom when it tells you to turn left on morrison , go down 2 more blocks to Alder and make a couple of left turns. The wine list was nothing to boast about, and in fact they were out of the only two decent reds that I ordered. The mixed drinks also left so much to be desired, so much so that I bought an extra shot to go in to my friends cosmo, as she complained how weak it seemed. The food on the otherhand, even with these complaints, yes oh yes I would go back to explore more palette teasing entrees .

There are newer reviews for Le Bistro Montage

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great Mac and cheese, great mashed potatoes, awesome salad. I don't know if it is intentional, because I know Portland is ... Hip....but the floor was disgusting. Covered in old receipts. Gross. Amazing service and when you box up your leftovers they put it in decorative tin foil.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

It was kind of hard to find. Our party came in three different cars and we all went over the Morrison Bridge a couple of times. We arrived shortly after 5:00 and were promptly seated. The beer choices aren't the greatest, but luckily they have a lounge and you can get a beer on tap. The jambalaya, linguini, blackened chicken were thoroughly enjoyed by all. Service was great, water glasses stayed filled, food came out quickly, empty plates quickly disappeared, and everybody was friendly.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Our bartender was great. The food and atomosphere was very nice.This was our first stop on our west coast trip to Cali

Reviewed July 26, 2013