“Brunch Spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a great breakfast and brunch spot especially because they serve breakfast all day for eggs benedict fans like me! The staff is friendly and attentive. My bacon came out a little to underdone for me and they immediately fixed it. The chef was nice enough to recreate my meal even though it wasn't necessary! Great place and highly recommended!

1  Thank Va9nessa

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Food was top quality and mighty tasty! Service is always attentive and courteous. I stumbled upon this place a couple of years ago and still go back occasionally. Was just there today and had an omelette that was fantastic! The hollandaise on anything is perfect!! You will not be disappointed! Parking is a bit difficult but certainly worth it. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the restaurant!

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Surprisingly empty at 9am on Thursday. Wait staff very friendly and attentive.

We both ordered Biscuits and Gravy. I added potatoes to mine. The food came out fairly quickly and was large! The gravy was made with Italian sweet sausage instead of a Jimmy Dean kind of sausage that I'm used to getting back home, and I quite liked it. The biscuits were large and tasty.

Overall, this was a great breakfast. Only three things negative, not that anything was bad. First, more parking. There just isn't much. Second, more heat. It was a bit chilly in the cafe. As it was already gray, wet and cold outside, warm inside would have been nice. Lastly, more gravy! Them were big biscuits so slather that gravy on me buckos!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Quintessential Portland diner. Very friendly service, our waitress was very patient with my indecision. Good turnaround time and it was a crowded Saturday morning. My friend had the Bay of Pigs Benedict with sea scallops and I had a spinach omelet with black truffled cheese and it was Alllll good! Highly recommend. A bit spendy. $30 for breakfast but really good food and portion size.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were heading to a much touted rival breakfast cafe in Portland and fortunately....it was closed.
Disappointed, we turned around and drove back along Division and - voila! Up popped Genie's.
We went in and were delighted. Delighted with the welcome, the servers, the service, and of course the food. Had one of the scrambles and it was huge. Heavy with everything and had to take half of my portion home. Husband gobbled his down. Good coffee - our personal mark of a decent breakfast place.
I would make a wee criticism here. Loved the potatoes - flavorful and crispy, but waaay too big a serving. Cut down the spuds by half. Or have "lady's" or half portions...
However, bottom line - great find.