“Very attentive and accommodating.”
Review of P.F. Chang's - CLOSED

P.F. Chang's
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pearl
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to this restaurant. My husband ordered sweet and sour pork and I ordered a seasonal quinoa fried rice. The sweet and sour pork was average and not overly exciting and the quinoa was soy free, very healthy, presented well, yet somewhat bland. I did request the egg be scrambled instead of over easy due to medical/dietary needs. The quinoa arrived on the cool side. I asked the server if it was supposed to be hot and since it was, she took it back to exchange it for warmer food. The middle was much warmer on the second plate but the edges were still cool. I figured out that it was placed onto cold plates and thus cooling the food quickly. Although I felt horrible and agreed to eat it anyhow, the manager insisted on making a whole new plate while still allowing me to pick at the one I had. The ticket was adjusted accordingly and the leftovers were packaged to go. Although not an ideal lunch out, their professionalism in handling our situation has made us want to give them a second chance.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nice atmosphere, reasonable prices, excellent food and service in Downtown Portland. Very similar to P.F. Chang's around the country.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I love PF Chang's even if it is a chain. You can always count on the food being good! This was a business dinner, but a good one! Good drink menu, wine list. I tend to always get the same thing and that's what I did, Chang's Spicy Chicken. It was the perfect choice for me. The portions tend to be big so I even had leftover for the next days lunch.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Don't do the curb side service. I've been to many of the P.F. Changs restaurants on the west and east coasts. This one just completely screwed up. I don't do curb side service much since I usually dine in but at a last minute, I thought I would pick up dinner for myself and friends.

First of all, I should have realized there was trouble when the attendant came to my door and popped the bag of goods on the passenger seat and just handed me the order ticket without going through the bag and checking what was inside. This may sound completely stupid but once I got home, about 20 mintues later, there was no dang rice in the bag! Seriously? Isn't that a basic from a Chinese restaurant?

Long story short, I got home, called the restaurant and talked to the manager named Natalie. After being on hold for over 5 minutes, she said she was sorry and wanted to comp me my meal. I really wanted her to know that her waiters really need to check the order before they bring it to the car and it wouldn't hurt to recheck it with the customer before they pull away. I've done curb side at other P.F. Changs locations here an in California.

I gave her my address etc. but never received anything in the mail. It has been over a week and I know that the USPS is not the fastest in the world but given that I'm in the Portland area, it should take that long.

After this disappointing experience, I'm not sure I would go back, especially not the curb side crap. It seemd convenient at the time but now wish I wouldn't have done that and instead found a parking spot (big issue in downtown Portland) and gone and checked the meal before I paid and walked away. I regret leaving a good tip for the waiter who came curb side since he didn't deserve it.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lovely restaurant with good service and lovely food reasonable prices are great service was excellent and we had a lovely meal love the stir fry green beans but they have taken the stir fry Brussels sprouts off the menu :( I loved them, but great value only thing is book in advance or you might have to wait for your table