“Everything you could want”

McCormick & Schmick's Harborside at the Marina
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside at the Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 4,491 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW River
Transit: The Portland Street car stops one block from our door.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Except for the puny, little side order lobster tail that was not totally cooked, we both loved everything else. The salads were excellent and so was the coconut shrimp. Scallops nicely seared and the Mediterranean mix was fantastic. Fast service.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We live right by this restaurant so would love to have it as a go-to spot. Had oysters in the bar about a month ago, they served us someone else's order first, then switched it, but several of the oysters were very marginal, will spare you the after-details. Went again today, 11/24/13 at 1:00 for party of 4. After waiting an incredible 15 minutes to be seated with two couples ahead of us, without the hostess greeting us once, while she wandered about doing God knows what, we left and ate at the hotel down the esplanade. Absolutely unreal. Their service keeps going from bad to worse, you almost could not make up how bad it is at this point.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I loved their food in taste and presentation. Also they have friendly service with excellent atmosphere of the dining room.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My colleague and I had a late lunch here. I have never eaten at a McCormick and Schmick's but knew that they had a reputation for great food. I ordered a beet and arugula salad. Aside from the natural spice of the arugula the salad was tasteless. While I know my meal wasn't something super complicated it could have still had some "wow" factor. It did not. My colleagues fish tacos looked like fish sticks out of a package thrown on a tortilla. I would not eat here again.

1  Thank Katrina R
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Dinner at McCormick & Schmick's, SW Montgomery St., Portland, OR 10/27/13.

I'm a long time patron of McCormick & Schmick's around the country. This past summer I had 3 great experiences at 2 separate locations in Seattle. Recently a friend & I went to the SW Montgomery location on a Saturday night for Happy Hour and sat in the bar area. We would NEVER return to this particular location as it is not in keeping with other McCormick & Schmick's in terms of standards.

I'd read a lot of reviews about bad customer service/bad table service here and on Yelp and I agree with all of them. The service sucked. Big time. From start to finish it was one big suck fest. This location is NOT up to McCormick & Schmick's standards.

We were told to sit to wherever we wanted and that somebody would be right with us. We sat at a table relatively close to the bar, in other words, we were not tucked away, not hidden from sight. It took about 15 minutes for a waitress to come to our table to take a drink order. She didn't have menus with her. About 10 minutes later the drinks and menus arrived. By the time she came back to take an order we had finished our drinks, we ordered more and waited and waited and waited.... the first order of food arrived before the drinks did. The mussels smelled fishy. Actually, my friend said "They smell like a toilet!" Fresh seafood should never smell fishy. Fresh seafood should never smell like a toilet. We found a large cooked sea worm in a mussel shell. This means the mussels were NOT properly picked through and cleaned. Any broken shells should have been thrown away, any open shells should have been thrown away. This large sea worm was in what would have been an open shell prior to cooking. See what I'm saying here?? Improper food prep, handling, safety, etc. We asked for a Manager. The Manager first tried to tell us this large worm was part of the mussel's beard!! He tried to pass the worm off as a mussel's beard! He deliberately lied to us! Then he said "if it comes from the ocean it can't make you sick. Our halibut is full of worms too but we just cook them out." OMFG, really??? What Manager or restaurant worker in their right mind would ever say those things to a customer??!!

We reported this location to their HQ in Texas as well as to the local Health Inspector.

1  Thank GLTurillo