“Good food and wonderful atmosphere”

McCormick & Schmick's Harborside at the Marina
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside at the Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW River
Transit: The Portland Street car stops one block from our door.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We dined there for a late lunch and the lunch menu was still available. We were seated next to the huge windows, with a marvelous view of the harbor. I have never been in a restaurant with tiers of seats. No matter where one would sit, there was an unobstructed view of the harbor. The salads and the bread were the highlights of the meal. My wife was very pleased with her iceberg wedge and I thought the walnut mixed greens salad was delicious. I had McCormick's Seafood Trio and was very pleased with the shrimp. My wife was pleased with the Shrimp Trio. It isn't the best seafood restaurant, but it was good and a good value. It was a nice place to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I first want to say, I can't wait to go back, it was that good. Date night with my man, this was a great choice. The ambiance, the food, the service, the cocktails...all amazing. We had a variety of food, and tried it all, very fresh seafood, prepare perfectly.

I recommend you make a reservation, we had one and were seated right away, while those without had to wait (Saturday night).

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The food was very good, portions a little smaller than comparable restaurants. Price was a little more expensive. Food from these chefs had a lot of attention to detail. Was a very nice place to dine.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Thursday night 12/20/12

What to expect:
The restaurant is located on the Willamette River in downtown Portland. The front of the restaurant is glass from floor to ceiling. Each row of tables is terraced so every seat is a window seat. We come here every year to view the Christmas Ships parade while we eat dinner. The holiday decorated boats leave from the marina at the restaurant to cruise the Willamette River. McCormick and Schmick's is now part of the Landry's chain of restaurants. We used our $25.00 credit we earned from the Landry's rewards program.

The food:
McCormick & Schmick's specializes in seafood prepared by executive chef Joshua Boyd.

Shelly started with the Chopped Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese. The main course was the Shrimp Trilogy - Buttermilk Fried, Stuffed, Scampi, Butternut Squash Orzo.

I started with The Iceberg Wedge with Blue Cheese, Diced Tomatoes and Bacon. For the main course I had McCormick's Seafood Trio Grilled - Shrimp, Stuffed Shrimp, Grilled Salmon. The salmon and shrimp selections were very flavorful and well presented.

For wine, we had a bottle of Chateau St. Michelle Riesling.

For dessert, Shelly had the New York Style Cheesecake with Fresh Berries
Rich Cream Cheese Filling Baked in a Toasted Graham Cracker Crust, Topped with Fresh Seasonal Berries.

I had the Crème Brûlée Topped with Fresh Berries

We both had the Millionaire Coffee - Baileys Irish Cream, Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur and
Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur with dessert.

The service:
As with my previous reviews, this is the benchmark where the rubber meets the road. For the past several years, Emily has been our server. Tonight, she has working a Christmas party upstairs so we had Joel. Apparently, Emily told Joel about us and Joel knew what wine and salads we wanted and he was ready to rock and roll. He explained the menu offerings and routinely came by to check up on us. As usual, we have very good service.

Overall impression:
The food is mostly seafood with an original flair with excellent presentation. The dinners range in price from $20.00 to $39.00. The wine menu is extensive and the dessert menu has many amazing offerings including their signature "chocolate bag" with White Chocolate Mousse and Fresh Berries, Topped with Whipped Cream. You pay for the service, atmosphere and ambience and that is what you get.

Will we be back? Yes, whenever we come to Portland for dinner, a 60 mile drive from Salem.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food was good, but not great. We enjoyed lunch before the Nutcracker ballet looking out at the boats coming and going from the harbor. Fun for our granddaughter. Two salads, one soup, one fish salad, and some chicken tenders. We had a good time.