“Satisfying once a year delight, service is classy”

Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 4,611 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tuesday evening reservations were easily made on-line through “open table” with specific requests honored several weeks ahead of time. Living in Portland & now in Central Oregon, we have been coming here since the 60’s & it never disappoints, this time it’s our wedding anniversary. Our booth was waiting as our waiter, Colon, greeted us & took our orders in an un-rushed & hospitable fashion. He didn’t mis-step once. We started off by ordering “wine by the glass” a Cabernet Sauvignon, Nelms Road/Columbia Valley & another Cabernet, Rodney Strong, California, both very good @ $14.00 each. We enjoyed the romantic ambience as we enjoyed our first glass of wine & indulged in their famous onion rings which Colin made sure were delivered in an expedited manner. By the way, they arrived with Ringside’s special dipping sauces($11.75)which are good enough for a meal on their own. Soon afterwards, Colin brought our entrees, the 14oz Choice Top Sirloin ($44.25) & an 8oz Choice Filet Mignon ($51.50) including huge baked potatoes with all the trimmings. Our steaks were perfectly cooked medium rare & the potatoes were delicious. Colin was attentive to our needs throughout our dinner & we are grateful for his being with us that evening to make our experience something special. Next time we’ll return & make sure to leave some room so that we can enjoy their Sticky Toffee Pudding or Crème Brulee.

Bob D, Manager at Ringside Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

We always love to receive feedback from longtime guests of the Ringside Steakhouse.

I'm happy to hear that both service and food was on point and that your anniversary dinner was perfect.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

We were a party of four and this was our last night in Portland, so I booked this restaurant well in advance since I thought it would be the best!! Far from it! It was the worst service I have ever received, and the food was mediocre at best. It was at least ten minutes before the waitress acknowledged us, 10 minutes more before being served a cocktail. That was not a great start, but it became worse. Dinner was served without the pepper corn sauce ordered, and when we asked about it, it arrived after we finished eating. My 6 oz. steak was acknowledged by others at the table that it was awful. Their steaks were better, but a lot of grizzle on the T-bone steak. One person ordered an after dinner drink to go with their dessert, and we had to sit around waiting for it to be served, long after dessert was finished.
There were no apologies from the waitress but I apologized profusely to our guests that I booked this restaurant!

Reviewed April 28, 2018

Ringside has such great promise but hits a wall in food quality, ambience and service. They make a great attempt to be an old school steakhouse with the dark ambience surrounded by candlelight. The problem is that it is way too dark. Many guests are caught using the light on their cell phones to read the menu. The restaurant itself is very worn down and needs a refresh. The bar is like a 1970 bowling alley bar.

Next, the menu. It is will written and offers a great variety. The problem is the quality control. We ordered three filets and a New York and all came out overcooked. We sent them back and the re-fire took over 15 minutes making for a few irritated guests. Service was decent with a good attention to detail but with overpriced food that is prepared without the attention to detail and the RingSide Steakhouse is bit of a disaster. For the money, look at other options in the Portland area.

1  Thank MileageMaster
Bob D, Manager at Ringside Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Dear Todd,

I wanted to send my deepest apologies for the poor experience you recently received. We would have loved for steaks to have arrived at your table perfectly cooked. I wanted to let you know that I have spoken with our Chef so that he can address the issues with your meal so that it doesn't happen again.

I can be reached at the phone number or email address below. Please feel free to contact me at any time as I would like to rebuild a relationship that we value very much… the one with you.

Bob Doxey
Assistant General Manager
503-223-1513

bob@ringsidehg.com

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I don’t have much to say about this restaurant - I had travelled from England with my girlfriend for her 21st birthday and booked a table in advance...the service seemed good and the restaurant was beautiful. We were sat down and greeted but immediately made to feel out of place (I have tattoos and we’re a young couple).

I ordered some red wine and my ID was checked - I had a drivers license as, of course, no one carries around their passport. I was refused wine and although my girlfriend didn’t want to drink it left a sour taste in my mouth. We walked out purely due to the lack of discretion and respect our waitress showed us as tourists hoping for a special night. I highly recommend anywhere else - no other restaurant or bar has has a problem with my British drivers license.

1  Thank TaylorMadeBombs

Dear Taylor,

I wanted to send my deepest apologies for the poor experience you recently received. We would have loved to serve you cocktails but Oregon Law is clear about which i.d. is acceptable for visitors from other countries.

We are welcoming of all guests and are sorry that you and our girlfriend felt out of place. I assure you that the tattoos are not an issue as everyone in Portland seems to have them.

If you are ever in Portland again, I hope that you will give us a second chance to WOW you with our delicious food and impeccable service.

Bob Doxey
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

This is a great classic steakhouse complete with great service, a great wine list and a stellar fireplace, not to mention outstanding steaks and prime rib. The French onion soup was very good and I ordered the prime rib which was served to the correct temperature as very lean. Highly recommend for power business dinners or a nice romantic date night. Well done!

Bob D, Manager at Ringside Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Thank you for your review.

It is always appreciated to hear that when it comes to food and service, we are hitting the mark.

Been to Ringside Steakhouse? Share your experiences!