“Excellent food very good service”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 4,276 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Excellent food very good service”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was up for seafood in Portland. Someone recommended Ringside on West Burnside. I went there and found out it really was a steakhouse, but they had a couple of seafood entrees on the menu. The restaurant was crowded so I took a table in the bar area. I ordered Alaskan halibut served on a very shallow bed of corn lobster chowder and garnished with crab meat. I also had a glass of 1912 Carlton Sauvignon Blanc. Both the meal and the wine were delicious. When I go back to Portland I'll have to try one of their steaks.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING HAPPY HOUR!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

cheap, good happy hour food. nice cocktails. definitely a must for happy hour with friends in downtown.

• Visited January 2014
Davis, California
“Best steakhouse I've been too yet.”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Besides the steak I make at home I have to say that based on my preferences (which is a piece of meat with nothing fancy added to it) this was one of the better pieces of steak I've had outside my own! I got the bone in rib-eye and it was cooked perfectly. Paired with some nice wine and excellent staff, I would highly recommend a visit here. This was a classic steakhouse with a steak that exceeded my expectations.

1 Thank NaSoMaCa
Spokane, Washington
“Party of five and we were all disappointed.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I researched Portland restaurants on this site and was lured into Ringside by the great reviews. The five of us ate there just last night. What a big, and expensive, mistake! The onion rings that people rave about were nothing special - actually pretty similar to what you could get at Wendy's. The vichyssoise was bland and watery, and mine was served in a warm bowl - straight from the dishwasher, I suspect. My prime rib was neither flavorful nor tender. I routinely eat much better prime rib at one half the price of Ringside's. My daughter's NY steak was not cooked as ordered and had to be sent back. She said that it tasted good once she finally got it - after we had all finished eating. She did mention that she thought it odd that there were no vegetables included with the steak at that hefty price. They had to be ordered separately. My husband and son's dinner - the daily special - "bull nose steak medallions", was not flavorful or particularly good. Both were disappointed and made jokes about never ordering the daily special because it was probably leftovers that the chef wanted to get rid of. The son in law liked his chicken. Then there was the dessert... Our crème brulees were awful. The worst any of us had ever had. It was not just toasted on the top, it was burnt and inedible. Under the burnt topping was a liquidy mess that we could pour out of the bowl. The chocolate pie was frozen, for God's sake! We could hardly get our forks to cut through it. Was it the regular cook's day off, or something? Oh, and did I mention the service? It was shameful. Awful. Like it was her first day as a waitress and she was high on morphine, to boot. All the staff was so polite, though, that we didn't complain to them about what the chef did to our meals. We just looked at each other and shook our heads. And the waitress to too far gone to bother teaching how to waitress properly. Our tab for 5 people came to $360, with tip.

2 Thank xrdh2014
Portland, Oregon
“GREAT HAPPY HOUR”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

A group of us go the Ringside East for the best happy hour on the east side after walking the 2-mile track around the golf course. The Steak Bites and Onion Rings are fantastic, and the beverages are honest.

Visited July 2014