“Best steakhouse I've been too yet.”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Besides the steak I make at home I have to say that based on my preferences (which is a piece of meat with nothing fancy added to it) this was one of the better pieces of steak I've had outside my own! I got the bone in rib-eye and it was cooked perfectly. Paired with some nice wine and excellent staff, I would highly recommend a visit here. This was a classic steakhouse with a steak that exceeded my expectations.

1  Thank NaSoMaCa

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I researched Portland restaurants on this site and was lured into Ringside by the great reviews. The five of us ate there just last night. What a big, and expensive, mistake! The onion rings that people rave about were nothing special - actually pretty similar to what you could get at Wendy's. The vichyssoise was bland and watery, and mine was served in a warm bowl - straight from the dishwasher, I suspect. My prime rib was neither flavorful nor tender. I routinely eat much better prime rib at one half the price of Ringside's. My daughter's NY steak was not cooked as ordered and had to be sent back. She said that it tasted good once she finally got it - after we had all finished eating. She did mention that she thought it odd that there were no vegetables included with the steak at that hefty price. They had to be ordered separately. My husband and son's dinner - the daily special - "bull nose steak medallions", was not flavorful or particularly good. Both were disappointed and made jokes about never ordering the daily special because it was probably leftovers that the chef wanted to get rid of. The son in law liked his chicken. Then there was the dessert... Our crème brulees were awful. The worst any of us had ever had. It was not just toasted on the top, it was burnt and inedible. Under the burnt topping was a liquidy mess that we could pour out of the bowl. The chocolate pie was frozen, for God's sake! We could hardly get our forks to cut through it. Was it the regular cook's day off, or something? Oh, and did I mention the service? It was shameful. Awful. Like it was her first day as a waitress and she was high on morphine, to boot. All the staff was so polite, though, that we didn't complain to them about what the chef did to our meals. We just looked at each other and shook our heads. And the waitress to too far gone to bother teaching how to waitress properly. Our tab for 5 people came to $360, with tip.

2  Thank xrdh2014
Reviewed July 28, 2014

A group of us go the Ringside East for the best happy hour on the east side after walking the 2-mile track around the golf course. The Steak Bites and Onion Rings are fantastic, and the beverages are honest.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We (party of six) took the early menu option last Sunday. Most of us had the prime rib. We can get a better piece of meat at Costco (Choice, not Prime). The meat was tough, had gristle, and was devoid of flavor. On the other hand, the salads were excellent. The service is excellent. But $30 for a good salad is ridiculous. I will guess their regular menu (and accompanying high prices) must be pretty good.

2  Thank AllanMacLaren
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good but not great. My steak was not cooked as ordered which i expect in a nice steak house. The service was average; our server didn't spend much time checking in on us. This was our second visit to Ringside. Our first was to the west side location which was much better than this visit on the east side. For that kind of $$$ I expect excellence all around.