“Portland Tradition”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 4,313 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
“Portland Tradition”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This is easily Portland's best steakhouse all things considered. The restaurant has a very classic feel and the service is second to none. The steaks are excellent and they have all the classic cuts you'd expect, all of which have always been perfectly prepared when we visit. In addition to the steaks, they make excellent use of the Pacific Northwest's abundant resources and offer excellent fresh seafood (my favorite appetizer is the seafood platter which includes crab legs and huge oysters). The Ringside also has an excellent wine list and a small but good draft beer list. Cocktails have been hit or miss in the past although they have always been quick to make amends if something was amiss with my drink. All in all, this is a great steakhouse and truly a Portland institution.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Steak”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Best steak in town so far. This is our 2nd trip here. Started off with the wedge salad which I really liked. I had the filet, it was the best in PDX, one friend had prime rib and the other had the pork chop, both was very good. We didn't have desert there. Overall this is a restaurant worth going too.

Visited July 2014
Caswell Beach, North Carolina
“As good as advertised”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are not huge meat eaters, however, we shared a salad and a bone-in filet and the split fee was very inexpensive. The bartender was very attentive and provided options for my wife regarding shopping places nearby. I would definitely go back and try many other offerings. It was top notch.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Thomas K
Portland, Oregon
“Best Steak I've ever had.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Party of 4, post wine-tasting in the valley. Myself, my husband, my aunt, and my uncle were starving. We had to wait a bit because we didn't have reservations (maybe 15 minutes or so). We had a lovely waiter (Robert) with a fancy waxed mustache. We got the onion rings (very good! not soggy), and munched on the bread and butter. Side salads were much bigger than expected and quite tasty. Although, they don't have much in the way of dressings, the house will probably make everybody happy. Three of us had the filet mignon, one with the bone in. All were great. Mine was probably the absolute best piece of meat I've ever eaten. I had to bring some of it home, and it was even amazing out of the microwave... that's insane. I had the baked potato as a side, which was huge but just a baked potato. Hubs had the garlic mashed potatoes, and they were fine, too. But you go for the steak. We split a cheesecake for dessert (even though we had no room for it), and it was very, very good. Rich, creamy, and delicious.

This is a place for a special occasion, unless you're just into spending $50/head or more (that's if you're drinking water and getting no extras), but every once in a while, a welcome treat. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Amanda278
Oregon
“Wonderful, with one exception”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We always love the experience of a RingSide dinner. Taking out of town friends to the Eastside RingSide 6/29/14 on the way to PDX was an easy choice. The complimentary (world class!) onion rings were a special surprise and so delicious, as we're our entrees. Two in our party ordered prime rib, which was perfectly prepared, and a prime cut and quality, had it not been accompanied by the grated, RAW horseradish garnish. If you attempted to taste just a bit of it with that delicious meat...well, call 9-1-1! Such a shame...the quality of the meat was completely compromised by this assault to your tongue...some diners with health/allergy issues could be made more than uncomfortable without being pre-warned by the wait staff that this was NOT horseradish sauce, but the real RAW stuff. We truly love the RingSide, but if you order prime rib, ask the to "hold the horseradish!"

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank NeedShower

Been to Ringside Steakhouse? Share your experiences!