“Best Steak I've ever had.”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Party of 4, post wine-tasting in the valley. Myself, my husband, my aunt, and my uncle were starving. We had to wait a bit because we didn't have reservations (maybe 15 minutes or so). We had a lovely waiter (Robert) with a fancy waxed mustache. We got the onion rings (very good! not soggy), and munched on the bread and butter. Side salads were much bigger than expected and quite tasty. Although, they don't have much in the way of dressings, the house will probably make everybody happy. Three of us had the filet mignon, one with the bone in. All were great. Mine was probably the absolute best piece of meat I've ever eaten. I had to bring some of it home, and it was even amazing out of the microwave... that's insane. I had the baked potato as a side, which was huge but just a baked potato. Hubs had the garlic mashed potatoes, and they were fine, too. But you go for the steak. We split a cheesecake for dessert (even though we had no room for it), and it was very, very good. Rich, creamy, and delicious.

This is a place for a special occasion, unless you're just into spending $50/head or more (that's if you're drinking water and getting no extras), but every once in a while, a welcome treat. We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Amanda278
There are newer reviews for Ringside Steakhouse

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We always love the experience of a RingSide dinner. Taking out of town friends to the Eastside RingSide 6/29/14 on the way to PDX was an easy choice. The complimentary (world class!) onion rings were a special surprise and so delicious, as we're our entrees. Two in our party ordered prime rib, which was perfectly prepared, and a prime cut and quality, had it not been accompanied by the grated, RAW horseradish garnish. If you attempted to taste just a bit of it with that delicious meat...well, call 9-1-1! Such a shame...the quality of the meat was completely compromised by this assault to your tongue...some diners with health/allergy issues could be made more than uncomfortable without being pre-warned by the wait staff that this was NOT horseradish sauce, but the real RAW stuff. We truly love the RingSide, but if you order prime rib, ask the to "hold the horseradish!"

1  Thank NeedShower
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The late night happy hour at the bar is soooo good. The steak bites, french dip - everything is so cheap and so good.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were in Portland for a bachelor party and Ringside was a great choice for dinner while there. The steaks were excellent, but we were even more impressed with the service. They have some great 3 and 4 course options which are very reasonably priced as well.

1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I heard of this place when I was a college student in Portland, but it was financially too challenged for me to eat there in those days. Now, I am a retired college professor, with a generous pension from the good people of California, and I made it a point to make up my lost gastronomic opportunities every time I visited my former college town. No doubt, Ringside at Burnside is an institution in Portland. It’s as good as it gets for a steakhouse. The interior matches the outside elderly look, so don’t expect to find a flashy chrome and glass grand chamber. I would call the atmosphere robust rather than refined. But after all, this is the ringside, a meat-eater’s paradise, so forget about the finesse even though the waitstaff are courteous and all dress in black and white.

So have a nice steak, be it rib or loin, you will not go wrong. Also, don’t forget to order onion rings, Ringside’s signature appetizer. However, you may want to be more judicious about the add-on steak source. I ordered the Oscar, a béarnaise source, and found it overpowering. Au jus would have been perfect