“Wonderful, with one exception”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We always love the experience of a RingSide dinner. Taking out of town friends to the Eastside RingSide 6/29/14 on the way to PDX was an easy choice. The complimentary (world class!) onion rings were a special surprise and so delicious, as we're our entrees. Two in our party ordered prime rib, which was perfectly prepared, and a prime cut and quality, had it not been accompanied by the grated, RAW horseradish garnish. If you attempted to taste just a bit of it with that delicious meat...well, call 9-1-1! Such a shame...the quality of the meat was completely compromised by this assault to your tongue...some diners with health/allergy issues could be made more than uncomfortable without being pre-warned by the wait staff that this was NOT horseradish sauce, but the real RAW stuff. We truly love the RingSide, but if you order prime rib, ask the to "hold the horseradish!"

1  Thank NeedShower
There are newer reviews for Ringside Steakhouse

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The late night happy hour at the bar is soooo good. The steak bites, french dip - everything is so cheap and so good.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were in Portland for a bachelor party and Ringside was a great choice for dinner while there. The steaks were excellent, but we were even more impressed with the service. They have some great 3 and 4 course options which are very reasonably priced as well.

1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I heard of this place when I was a college student in Portland, but it was financially too challenged for me to eat there in those days. Now, I am a retired college professor, with a generous pension from the good people of California, and I made it a point to make up my lost gastronomic opportunities every time I visited my former college town. No doubt, Ringside at Burnside is an institution in Portland. It’s as good as it gets for a steakhouse. The interior matches the outside elderly look, so don’t expect to find a flashy chrome and glass grand chamber. I would call the atmosphere robust rather than refined. But after all, this is the ringside, a meat-eater’s paradise, so forget about the finesse even though the waitstaff are courteous and all dress in black and white.

So have a nice steak, be it rib or loin, you will not go wrong. Also, don’t forget to order onion rings, Ringside’s signature appetizer. However, you may want to be more judicious about the add-on steak source. I ordered the Oscar, a béarnaise source, and found it overpowering. Au jus would have been perfect

Reviewed June 4, 2014

So by an odd coincidence,Tuesday night while staying in the Cascade/Airport area, another group of folks wanted to go to a real independent steakhouse. Having just been to the Ringside-East location, I bravely said "ok" and called a cab to take us there. I failed to inform the cab driver the address and he took us to the REAL Ringside in downtown Portland. What a great stroke of luck! W/O a reservation the manager got us a table for 6 quickly and our waiter Scott presented the menus and wine list. What an outstanding job he did that evening. At this location the prices are a little higher than the "East" location, but the food is VASTLY superior to my experience the night before at their sister location. I ordered a Woodford Reserve Sweet Manhattan up and I have to say, Jimmy the bartender made a PERFECT drink, a rarity these days. The starch special that night was mashed potatoes and lobster...very creative and it was wonderful. I was not real hungry and had the raw oyster sampler which was spot-on and tasting comments by Scott made for fun. The onion soup is sweater than I am used to, but perfect.Several folks had the prime rib, which was truly roasted that night, unlike my experience at the East location. The atmosphere is "old school" and the service impeccable. If I owned a restaurant, I would hire Scott to be my lead waiter and trainer and Jimmy the bartender, I bet, can hold his own against the finest NYC has to offer! I would highly recommend the REAL Ringside if you are looking for that "independent steakhouse" experience...well worth the ride to downtown Portland.

2  Thank JonClassical

Been to Ringside Steakhouse? Share your experiences!