“Nice atmosphere and perfect steaks”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Enjoyed a great birthday dinner with my wife. Fantastic service and great food. Trying the bone-in Filet Mignon was on my Portland "bucket list". It was cooked perfectly...but frankly, I think I really prefer the standard, boneless cuts. Overall a very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Ripper4

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Ringside is an excellent steak house in Portland. The atmosphere is reminiscent of traditional east coast Italian eateries more than a west coast establishment. It is a very comfortable place to have a fine meal. I split my meal with my wife. She had a filet and I had the Ham hock. Both were superlative. The salad was very nice and they will split a salad between the two of us which considering the prices was beneficial. Overall the evening was great albeit very expensive. Arrive early to take advantage of the specials.

3  Thank Mike M
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was very happy to take the advice of a local that the best steakhouse in Portland was the Ringside. And they were correct. A slice from the past and the the ambiance of the restaurant gave the visitor a definite steak/chop house feeling. The menu items are ala carte and expensive. The staff from the valet parking to the front desk and the wait staff were all top of the charts. Did I mention that the evening was expensive?
Try the end cut of the prime rib and a nice moscat to end the evening.
Did I happen to mention that it was expensive.

1  Thank Louisjuly20
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Heard about the Ringside and their top rating as a steakhouse. They didn't disappoint! I highly recommend since their service and atmosphere are also top 10

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ringside has a great old school, crony feel. I ate here for a guys night out and had the peppercorn steak. It was cooked perfectly, and just as good as a steak you would get at a Mortons or Maestros. Our waiter was very friendly and brought our group out a couple complementary orders of onion rings. I wasn't really thrilled about onion rings at a steak house... boy was I wrong. They were amazing, I highly recommend ordering when you are there.

I have seen a couple of reviews mentioning the high prices. Perhaps they are for Portland, but I found the prices extremely reasonable for a high-end steakhouse. Much cheaper than one you would find in LA, NYC or Vegas... but every bit as good.

1  Thank Jason T